• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy kong's weaknesses?

GHOST4700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MeatloafLP794
I have next to no knowledge on this matchup. Because of his outstanding neutral game where I find it hard to gain stage control due to fast aerials and banana. I would've gone to the matchup thread but there was no info for the diddy rosa matchup and on the rosalina boards I don't think there's one diddy player featured in it.

AvengerV

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AvengerV
Rosalina is Diddy Kong's biggest weakness imo. But if you are talking about the weaknesses about the character itself there really isn't anything that stands out besides his recovery being gimpable at times.

Last edited:

GHOST4700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MeatloafLP794
Oh I'm not saying Diddy beats Rosa. Just wondering how am I able to win neutral against him?

.CAP.

Smash Rookie
I have a really hard time against competent Rosas. Usually they seem to keep Luma out in front of them to get hit by the banana or use the special to make my banana theirs. Your Dair will destroy Diddy off stage if he trys to Rocket Barrel back to the ledge. I feel Rosa definitely wins the MU

ThePuffDaddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
flashman69
I don't find the matchup that hard honestly, I think if you know how Rosa works it's only 60-40 in her favor, when I've faced Dabuz I don't actually do that bad, getting him to 30-60% last stock in tournament. I'd recommend staying away from battlefield like stages though. This could just be that I know the character well though

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
His recovery is badish. It isn't super hard to gimp him.

Learn to use banana. Diddy can use it, so can you.

Try letting Luma take the banana hit.

ThePuffDaddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
flashman69
Also hit the Diddy with Luma when he grabs, you can also use down-b to pull in the banana and use it yourself

GHOST4700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MeatloafLP794
Just to clarify, I know Rosa wins this I was just wondering what could I do against Diddy in the neutral, because his neutral is really good.

Top Bottom