• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Recovery Glitch

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
Well, when you ussually use Diddy's Up-B, all prior momentum is halted. However, during this glitch, I double jumped then immediately used up-b, all momentum was kept, and increased. Kind of hard to explain. Watch this video and you'll see what I mean. This is pretty useful because it would make it ALOT easier to recover, if we could do it consistently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lcm_CG9pJE

Btw, if anyone wants to fool around with this, and maybe find a way to do it consistently, it would be appreciated.

Ghoom

Smash Cadet
^ spambot

Wow this looks like it could be useful. Anything to mix it up for recovery is good. Seems good at keeping those **** pk thunders just a step behind you.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Someone already said this. I don't think it's really a glitch. It's somehow like wavedashing.
But I never saw a video of it, so thanks ^^

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Lol... you can airdodge as many times as you want.

Do PK thunders really give you that much of a problem? The whole infinite dodging thing should help....

Ghoom

Smash Cadet
well the problem with pk thunder is they use it when your using your up-b. if they hit you are most likely screwed.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Double jump, side+b. You'll be close enough to most levels to not have to charge that long at all. I don't think the pk thunder will take you out while you're moving during your up+b. Release it as soon as it is supposed to it and you should be fine.

Banthur

Smash Rookie
PK Thunder can take you out during an Up-B and I don't think you can always air-dodge a well placed PK thunder since the "tail" of the lightning stretches so far; Good players will loop it around a little so it actually covers you for a long time.

Top Bottom