• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong kill setups

Poopencio

Smash Rookie
I have a pocket Diddy and I want to become better with him, I know some combos and how to benefit from Jump Cancel Glide Toss bananas, but the problems come while loking for a KO. Aerielas could kill but at a very high percentage and at the edge of the stage and smash attacks can mostly just rack up damage, I always end up losing matches because my oponent has max rage and I die at 60% because of a random f-smash. Is there any way that I can get kills easier? Diddy Knob has no kill power :(

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
His kill power relies on set-ups. Check out the thread I am making as it has most of the set-ups in the combo section. I will name some here as well.

Dtilt-Usmash, 120-140ish

Dtilt-SS Fsmash, 90-105. (Stutterstep)

Uthrow-Uair, varies, above 120. (Stale)

Dtilt-RAR Bair, 110-120?

JCIT Banana-Smash/Dtilt combo

D

Deleted member

I know some combos and how to benefit from Jump Cancel Glide Toss
bananas, but the problems come while loking for a KO.
You answered your own question, JCGT Banana leads into a Smash attack into a kill in 120% (F-Smash at the ledge/U-Smash)

Ismash attacks can mostly just rack up damage
Do not throw out Smash attacks for damage, it'll stale them and lose it's kill power, a grab -> U-Throw -> B/Fair gives Diddy control of the stage and more damage when you're not in Kill percents (120+%).

Is there any way that I can get kills easier?
JCGT Banana -> F-Smash at the ledge (About 100%+ kills early with rage)
JCGT Banana -> U-Smash 120-40%~
D-Tilt -> U-Smash (Just like the above)
(Stale) U-Throw -> Unstaled U-Air (works with unstaled u-throw, but you have to read air dodge) 140%~

Top Bottom