• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Gave Birth To Donkey Kong (Custom Move's Video Application/Uses/Tips+Tricks)

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
Welp. The Deed is done. I made a video on Donkey Kongs Custom moves and their applications. Mainly focusing on the UP b but featuring others a lot.

What do you think about them? Should they be banned? If you enjoyed; subscribe for more videos/guides to come! Discuss below about the customs and what character should i do next to analyse their Customs

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
Playing vs a top player for 5 hours straight, a lot of it with custom Dk, I can say pretty conclusively that custom Dk is not in any way OP, and still isn't a top 5 character even with customs (can't say where he is ranked with customs yet, just know that others saying he is "top 5" is dead wrong). And I say that given my own limitations as a player. If the opposing player knows what he is doing, he doesn't let cyclone kong bother him, being able to either air dodge the damage or use it as an opportunity to get some free hits in. One could also "ride the wave" back to stage with it if the Dk uses it as a last ditch move to hit the opponent off stage. I know for a fact that my opponent did this purposely on more than a few occasions. I would have to say that, when facing players used to kong cyclone, that in some cases regular spinning kong is the better option.

Last edited:

Flawed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFlawedOne
Playing vs a top player for 5 hours straight, a lot of it with custom Dk, I can say pretty conclusively that custom Dk is not in any way OP, and still isn't a top 5 character even with customs (can't say where he is ranked with customs yet, just know that others saying he is "top 5" is dead wrong). And I say that given my own limitations as a player. If the opposing player knows what he is doing, he doesn't let cyclone kong bother him, being able to either air dodge the damage or use it as an opportunity to get some free hits in. One could also "ride the wave" back to stage with it if the Dk uses it as a last ditch move to hit the opponent off stage. I know for a fact that my opponent did this purposely on more than a few occasions. I would have to say that, when facing players used to kong cyclone, that in some cases regular spinning kong is the better option.
You most likely were using it wrong. Proper utility of DK's normals along with the canceliing of his Up b for pressure is amazing.

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
You most likely were using it wrong. Proper utility of DK's normals along with the canceliing of his Up b for pressure is amazing.
Uh, no.

And yes it can be "amazing", and as I said elsewhere annoying for the other player, but in no way OP. A strong neutral game still determines the outcome, and Dk is not top 5 and probably not top 10 even with customs. As I said if you take either the Japanese or American tier list(s), I think custom Dk is still behind Mario and luigi at best.

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
Uh, no.

And yes it can be "amazing", and as I said elsewhere annoying for the other player, but in no way OP. A strong neutral game still determines the outcome, and Dk is not top 5 and probably not top 10 even with customs. As I said if you take either the Japanese or American tier list(s), I think custom Dk is still behind Mario and luigi at best.
Oh i thought i replied to you... Well imo your totally wrong. I could say the same about playing hours and hours on and for sure with top players (J.Miller) And it is amazing. It gives DK the ability to approach and safely. It covers alot of options and drags them in the huge hitbox that has super armour. The recovery height exchange is barely a problem and you cant be edge guarded due to the super armour. Now Dk does have potential to be top 10. And it is Broken/OP. No point trying to hide it. The other player can block it but you will still catch them out atleast once in the match that can lead to insane combos. The airdodge timing is Insanely by luck. It depends on where you are/where the player is , then the timing of pressing R... You cant ride it back to stage. you will just get hit and be able to get edge guarded again. It in no way is not as good as the regular Up b.....

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think I'll prefer the set 1-3-3-3 but very interessting nonetheless!

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
You can call a move OP, but if it barely gets the character into the top 10 then you can't really make strong claims about it. If diddy had kongnado you and everyone could legitimately call it OP and for nerf/bans.

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
You can call a move OP, but if it barely gets the character into the top 10 then you can't really make strong claims about it. If diddy had kongnado you and everyone could legitimately call it OP and for nerf/bans.
People are asking for bans and nerfs and who said barely? Loool dude. It can have strong claims. There isnt anything wrong with it but its broke. Deal with it and stop making "Strong Claims" Against it being good.

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
Lol @ saying there is nothing wrong with it but that it's "broken", talk about trying to have it both ways.

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
Lol @ saying there is nothing wrong with it but that it's "broken", talk about trying to have it both ways.
Its beatable but its broken. All the perks it has makes it broken. It just isnt ban worthy apart from on BF.

Top Bottom