• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Hump Spike

amg2833

Smash Rookie
I've got my first tournament coming up, so I've been playing Diddy like a maniac all day. I finally pulled off the Diddy hump over nothingness, and was prepared to spike after we fell a bit, when, woe is me, G&W came free! Unscathed, I pulled if off again soon afterwards, and he broke free again!

I don't understand what happened. =(
Can anyone explain it? Does it have to do with his damage percentage (about 40%)?

paOol

Smash Apprentice
40% is way to low o_O
once they are above 45% its pretty safe to do a Dair spike, but they'll break out of diddy hump too quickly for it to be effective.
i usually don't attempt it until around 70%.

just practice it some more so you get a feel for the timing. also i would recommend a Dair spike over the diddy hump most of the time.

diddy hump is only better on certain characters who gain more horizontal recovery than vertical. for example, donkey kong is doomed if you pull it off on him. bowser as well. it might also be good for a few ppl with tether grabs, but overall i'd try to stick with Dair if i were you.

Top Bottom