• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DIDDY HAS BEEN NERFED

Status
Not open for further replies.

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
What, did you expect them to buff 48 characters instead of nerfing one?
Considering that in a patch only a few weeks after launch, Ike got a decent buff to his neutral air (still bottom tier) and Shulk got a couple buffs that took him from "boring sword guy" to M O N A N D O B O Y (a flexible and actually pretty strong character, I mean), I was certainly expecting them to be able to do more with 6 months of data. They don't even seem to have addressed that Sheik's frame data and needles make a joke out of 90% of the cast.
Pretty much this. I expected Diddy Kong to receive some nerfs, but I was hoping they wouldn't mess with his frame data or wreck his down throw and of course they did. From what I've seen, heard, and played, there is literally no reason to use down throw anymore. Part of what I loved about Diddy Kong's throws is that they were versatile and served different purposes, but now there's no reasons to use down throw over up throw anymore. That's so damn stupid.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Pretty much this. I expected Diddy Kong to receive some nerfs, but I was hoping they wouldn't mess with his frame data or wreck his down throw and of course they did. From what I've seen, heard, and played, there is literally no reason to use down throw anymore. Part of what I loved about Diddy Kong's throws is that they were versatile and served different purposes, but now there's no reasons to use down throw over up throw anymore. That's so damn stupid.
Diddy's down throw is still good, it still does pretty good combos at low percents (and even at high percents), in fact Diddy as a whole still amazing, you guys are just too paranoic, just hit the lab a little and you'll see that Diddy still has the tools to be the best character, it might have even gained things in his favor. It's just the super reliable Hooh Hah kills that are gone.

Last edited:

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
Aha! Now you diddy mains are gonna actually have to work for your wins like everyone else!

ItsKaden

Smash Cadet
NNID
ItsKadenn
Warning Received
Which character zero, M2k, and every other trophies hunter will use now.
Rosalina has some bad matchup, sheik always struggles. Seriously Diddy didn't deserve a nerf, he was a source of health for the metagame. Now we have no king, it's the anarchy.
Hoo Hah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom