• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy counter with Banana.

Saki Zatoichi

Smash Ace
I've been doing it a lot and it seems to work most of the time.Diddy's bananas pressure his opponent into the air a lot. So I've been messing with ways to pressure, even when they think they're safe.

Let's say Wario short-hops a Dair and is heading for you. Upwards glide toss BACKWARDS, and if your second banana is behind you, grab it. If you're too far away, Forward Glide Toss the banana at him, and he should be on the ground by now, so he'll trip if the banana hits. Then go back to spamming bananas and back throw.

The reason you Upwards glide toss backwards is because, while you can just Backwards glide toss, why not throw the banana in the air and pressure your opponent even more?

This isn't something that is guaranteed, bananas aren't 100% effective. But a lot of players tend to get really nervous when they're put under banana-pressure. Mindgames!

pastaboy

Smash Champion
while glide tossing backwards and throwing a banana up puts pressure on and you hope that the banana lands on him, you can always jump and try to hit him out of the air.

DUB

Smash Lord
This is just all situational. You could dribble it back and wait for any post-lag. Upwards bananas are amazingly useful as well.

Throwing a banana upwards creates a wall between you and your opponent for the most part. Sure they could come in while it's aerial, but I use it as a retreat. GT backwards and throw the naner up and then loose off a couple popgun rounds. The peanuts could catch them if they are going into the air to grab the naner, or if they stay and wait for it too land.

PurityX

Smash Cadet
This seems like a great mindgame, but most of the time, they might just airdodge it.

Top Bottom