• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Did you like The Dark Knight Rises? What about it compaed to TDK?

Did you like The Dark Knight Rises?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

OBI1JABLOMI

Smash Cadet
I thought the Dark Knight Rises was garbage. Although I like Bane, the whole plot was ridiculous and became more cartoony than I would have liked. The Dark Knight with the Joker was more realistic IMO and that is what made it so awesome. I felt like TDKR was a step back kind of like what Brawl was to Melee, lol.

As a movie by itself, TDKR was still okay, I give it a 6/10. But I can't help but compare it to its prequel.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Yes I thought TDK was miles better than Rises. The script for Rises is so much weaker it's kinda hard to believe it was written by the same people. The editing is also a little iffy in parts. And it contains a lot more dumb things happening for the sake of drama. Like the entire police force going into the sewers in a huge cluster, or all of Bruce Wayne's money disappearing because some dudes came to Wall Street with guns.

TDK is basically the best superhero movie so far so it's hard to follow up., but they could have done better with it. Oh well though. The Dark Knight Trilogy is kinda like the first Star Wars trilogy. First movie is pretty awesome especially considering what the genre was like at the time, second movie is a classic, third's okay but kinda forgettable in comparison.

Dirty Duck

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheThirdChild
3DS FC
3351-4520-5317
I enjoyed TDKR when I first saw it in cinemas, but looking back it feels like Batman Begins 2.0, if you look at it you see so many parallels that in the end it really does just seem like the same film reworked.

Top Bottom