• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Did normal Balloon Trip get nerfed?

jmjb

Smash Apprentice
NNID
anhJer
I used to be able to spam b and go much higher,rather than just holding b. about 20 blocks of stage builder higher. I just tested this on my jump height measuring stage, and now both ways of balloon tripping go equal height..
when did this happen? it was never listed in update notes on the main thread.

arncakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
arncakes
Balloon trip did get nerfed again for the second time but all I know is the "fuel" recharges slower now. Maybe that has something to do with it?

jmjb

Smash Apprentice
NNID
anhJer
wow.. so what patch did it happen in? and Volya, did you data mine it yourself? I thought the patch notes thread was the thread where all that info was dumped, is there another source you're using or did you dig it up yourself?

anyway wow.. why would they nerf that.. it wasn't something OP, it was just a cool secret Easter egg villager mains knew..

Volya

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheVolya
wow.. so what patch did it happen in? and Volya, did you data mine it yourself? I thought the patch notes thread was the thread where all that info was dumped, is there another source you're using or did you dig it up yourself?
I just noticed something weird about the up b after the patch. I used my 3ds that was still in 1.1.0 and make a comparaison with the actual version (you can see what i did in the video). I did not do any data mining, but i think the video is obvious enough.
Someone on twitter apparently also confirmed that villager's up b data were changed during the patch (https://twitter.com/cree318/status/650050062270095360)

Top Bottom