• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Did I do something..? Really weird.. (Not banned)

VPTurnip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Turnip
3DS FC
0920-3141-8524
So yesterday I was casually playing FG 1v1 while I was waiting on some almost finished laundry as I do sometimes, and I connected to someone. The match started and the person immediately SD'd. I was a little confused but thought "This happens sometimes, I think" and re-entered 1v1. Got someone else, match start and this new person SDs both stocks once again.
I thought I just had really bad luck, so I try again, and again, and again.. I ended up watching five people SD in a row until I quit.

Is there some kind of new Internet meme to SD or am I missing something or is it just my luck? Honestly I was and am really confused? Today I went on and played someone and they played normally, though.

Am I scary? Oh, I used Link, Villager and even Olimar, so it wasn't my character..

SteadyDisciple

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rorrim
My best guess? You might have had some serious lag going on. Many people who play online will SD rather than play laggy matches, since win ratios don't matter and playing in lag is infuriating.

Rekzius

Smash Apprentice
What might have happend is that you had some bad conections, resulting in the button innputs becoming unsynced. So when they try to move they just continue in that direction without being able to stopp.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I think SteadyDisciple's point makes sense and is probably what happened, but it may be something to do with your choice of characters too. The characters you mentioned tend to have quite the reputation on For Glory, due to the nature of their fighting styles, especially in lag.

Not saying that is the case, but it's worth considering. Maybe some of your opponents just had a bad experience when them and it was exacerbated by input delay.

VPTurnip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Turnip
3DS FC
0920-3141-8524
Thanks guys. Especially SteadyDisciple SteadyDisciple
Thinking back on it I had started playing less than an hour after a blackout. The lag thing didn't occur to me since I'm usually pretty lag-less, and never input-delay on my end. (Though I do slightly lag in the middle of the day sometimes, it's never very bad, because I have a really good connection speed).
But with the instability in electrical output, maybe my internet went whacko? Haha.

Top Bottom