• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

did he get better

deathbrawl2

Smash Rookie
The question about dk is he really better? I might think so...but if so then...i quess...the better question is that..was he any good in melee then how did he get better...???

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
I think he's relatively the same as Melee's version. His attack speed seems slightly faster but at the same time, a bit nerfed.

skellitorman

Smash Journeyman
If his shield actually works then I would say that he is much better. Anyone knows if his shield is any good this time around?

iron blade

Smash Ace
If you do his FS right it gets a couple long ranged hits, but they are still easy to dodge, so unless you are on a small stage it's garbage.

Kips

Smash Ace
Aren't huge stages banned in tournaments though? DK could still be able to kick some major *** on FD or anything where he can catch someone up close. Imagine holding someone against a wall with that- Ouch!

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
DK is a below average character, read gimpy's review on him and you'll know. DK is a very cool character, it's a shame that he's low tier.

Gundo

Smash Apprentice
Apparently his Down B is insane now though. 100+ damage on Metaknight!

his down B hits about 15% for every hand slap to the ground. Also if used close enough to a character, I believe it sucks them in, or holds them much like Young Links Up B.

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
maybe they're tweaking him a little since he wasn't playable at jumpfesta.[/QUOTE]

Hey you're probably right, this is why he wasn't playable at jump festa! Thanks for the theory

Gundo

Smash Apprentice
Gundo, if you're right, then people are going to need to rely on their air-game around DK. It's at least 30 guarunteed in its current state.

I'm just saying what I think I saw. and yeah, DK seems like a ground defender anyways. So I'm sure it does 15% per hit and sucks in if close enough. But in the end, nothings offical until the game itself is out. :cool:

Machspeed

Smash Lord
I'm sure we'll find ways to use him.

With that hand slap combo I saw on Meta Knight, I'll figure SOMETHING out along the lines of combo's when Brawl comes out...

Top Bottom