• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diamond/Pearl EV Training

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
So, today I decided to start EV training the first Pokemon that will be in my final team. It's a Croagunk, and I'm going for a toxic staller/substituter, so I decided my first priority would be getting 252 EV's in HP.

What I was wondering is, do you guys keep track of how many EV's you've earned? I tried, but I lost track. If there is any easier way to do this (providing it's somewhat necessary) please, share.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Use the Counter app on your Poketch. You can find it at the Dept Store at Veilstone City. When you press the + button, you add one to the counter. So, each time you get an HP EV, press the + button.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Just remember that when you shut your DS off or switch Apps, the counter resets back to zero.
Yeah, you have to remember that. When I first got that app, I thought, "Why isn't there a - button?" So, when I came back to that app later, I realized it resets to zero when it's changed.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Chiko_

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I know. I count my PP's when I EV-train. After a Thunderbolt I know I got 4 EV's. After 15 Thunderbolt's I got 60 EVs.. And so on..

FastFox

BRoomer
But wouldn't that change depending on how many times you used thunderbolt to kill the target pokemon?

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
I think he means while using the Macho Brace and Pokerus. If he kills a weak Poke worth one EV in a stat, he automatically gets 4 EVs.

So, in this case...

1 Thunderbolt = 1 EV x Macho Brace x Pokerus = 4 EVs

Or somethin' like that...

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

MasterMatt

Smash Journeyman
I think he means while using the Macho Brace and Pokerus. If he kills a weak Poke worth one EV in a stat, he automatically gets 4 EVs.

So, in this case...

1 Thunderbolt = 1 EV x Macho Brace x Pokerus = 4 EVs

Or somethin' like that...

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99
that is exactly what i do to keep track...

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Personally I use a notebook. That way if I ever want to change my EV spread I can go back and see which EVs I used nd delete accordingly.

FastFox

BRoomer
Personally I use a notebook. That way if I ever want to change my EV spread I can go back and see which EVs I used nd delete accordingly.
Actually I had been doing that too, however I had it arranged so that I'd add up all the EV's for every five levels, but I psyched myself out somehow and only began recording +2 EV's for every level. Weird as hell.

Top Bottom