• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dial-up Question

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
Okay, first of all, plz don't flame me because of this. So I have dial-up, specifically AOL 9.0 VR and I always thought that I couldn't connect on the Wii Wi-fi or w/e. But, now I've heard that people can use dial-up to play Brawl. Plz, enlighten me kindly, is this possible? How (plz be EXTREMELY specific, I'm ******** w/ that kind of stuff)? Some talk about it being uber laggy cuz it's dial-up, and it has to be like so many kilobytes to be decent. idk my connection speed, however if it helps, when I connect to the Internet, it says, "Connecting at 49333 bps" (sometimes it's a little higher), is this fast enough? I thank you all who respond ahead of time, and thanks for not flaming lol.

WTF!

Smash Cadet
Okay, first of all, plz don't flame me because of this. So I have dial-up, specifically AOL 9.0 VR and I always thought that I couldn't connect on the Wii Wi-fi or w/e. But, now I've heard that people can use dial-up to play Brawl. Plz, enlighten me kindly, is this possible? How (plz be EXTREMELY specific, I'm ******** w/ that kind of stuff)? Some talk about it being uber laggy cuz it's dial-up, and it has to be like so many kilobytes to be decent. idk my connection speed, however if it helps, when I connect to the Internet, it says, "Connecting at 49333 bps" (sometimes it's a little higher), is this fast enough? I thank you all who respond ahead of time, and thanks for not flaming lol.
is possible to play with dial up but with a higher speed dial up cuz the normal speed is 56kbps but ive seen dial up speed like 100kbps. (mines 28.8kbps)

that 49333 bps is like lower than kbps???!?!?! omfg and i thinked i was the ****ed one with no wifi(im still ****ed)

if ive cant help u enough, sorry (lolz, if thats flaming sorry again)

WTF!

Smash Cadet
no offence taken, thx anyway *cries in background*
:( i want wi-fi to but the internet service providers are so ****ing g*y, so dont worry they are people like u and me that dosnt have wi-fi or highspeed internet (ive hoped i get it soon cuz in the summer im not doing anything/bored and this internet is not helping and i just wanna play wifi with my friends :( )

Top Bottom