• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diagnol Side B

Sans Glutin

Smash Ace
I don't know if this has already been found out or something, but my friend mains Falco and yesterday he was off the Final Destination ledge. He used Side B and went diagnolly to grab the ledge. I'm not saying barely diagnolly; it was pretty noticable. I don't know how to do this and I don't think I have a vid of it but has anyone else noticed this before?

Quetz

Smash Rookie
if you mean down diagonal, he missed sweet spotting the ledge and rode the incline of the stage down under it.

Mizar

Smash Ace
I noticed kind of the same thing I guess. It only happened once when I did side B and all of a sudden Falco was standing on top of the stage while I was clearly on the same level as the stage when I did it.

Sans Glutin

Smash Ace
It was up diagnol and he sweetpsotted the ledge but he was a good deal below the level which the stage was on. I dunno.

Phantomwake

Smash Journeyman
perhaps he just barely was in the edge grabbing range

I know from playing cruel brawl with CF that there is a radius
that you can grab the edge within and some of it surprises me when I sweetspot

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
perhaps he just barely was in the edge grabbing range

I know from playing cruel brawl with CF that there is a radius
that you can grab the edge within and some of it surprises me when I sweetspot
Yea I noticed this too. Especially when testing from what positions you can survive Final D's Death areas. There interestingly you can somehow sweat spot the edge from this area only at a certain portion of the stage.

This can explain for the diagonal Falco Phantasm

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
Ok although we figured out the cause, I tested it out myself.

it works the same way the Curved Firebird works, after doing Side B, press up on your control stick and you'll sweetspot the edge diagonally upward (helpful to prevent getting stuck in death area on Final D or going through the stage)

bob-e

Smash Journeyman
I noticed this a while back and did some testing, but never though to post about it. It has nothing to do with trying to manually curve the illusion, it all happens automatically as part of the huge ledge snap area. When you illusion towards the edge a few things can happen: (1) If you are too high you go straight over the edge, (2) too low and you get caught under the stage and die, (3) or lined up just right so you go straight to the edge. If you are in an extremely small window between 1 and 3 or 2 and 3, the game will automatically change the pitch of the illusion to so you reach the edge.

The only application I can think of for this would be to avoid stage height attacks/projectiles on recovery.

Top Bottom