• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DI out of Chrom up B

Choo1233

Smash Rookie
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I've had a few games where I've landed Chrom's up B initial swing, but they have managed to DI away and avoid the spike. When can this happen? Should i be able to read the DI and compensate by adjusting my direction?

Choo1233

Smash Rookie
Both directions, although towards has been more common. When they di away, the longer launch path allows them to air dodge the spike.

Burr

Smash Apprentice
Are they able to escape when they DI towards?

I’ve alsk been thinking about your situation and wondered if I should always hit forwards on my left stick after landing the initial hit on the suicide up b kill, to catch them if they try to DI away.

Choo1233

Smash Rookie
Are they able to escape when they DI towards?

I’ve alsk been thinking about your situation and wondered if I should always hit forwards on my left stick after landing the initial hit on the suicide up b kill, to catch them if they try to DI away.
It hasn't happened recently so I could be mistaken, but they are able to DI towards me to avoid it. This is especially true if I left stick towards the blast zones. They'll just end up behind me and I SD.

h4 Gambiteer

Smash Cadet
Writing Team
I think this is possible depending on which part of the hitbox you land, and if you drift one direction with your opponent drifts the other? Most people will DI towards the stage, so it's probably useful to drift that way (I play Ike more than Chrom and when I want to aethercide with Ike offstage, I first drift away from the stage going up, then into my opponent)

Top Bottom