• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DI against Sheik and Falcon throws?

Valar Morghulis

Smash Rookie
Which way to DI Sheik's throws, mostly DThrow? For DI against falcon's throws? WHile we're at it, why not discuss DI for Marth's throws?

Mervis

Smash Journeyman
The only time Sheik wont Down throw you is to back throw you off stage, in which the DI is pretty simple. DI Up and towards to not die. Sheik down throw can be tricky. There are certain %'s that you can DI in front of her and Up-B her Fair, but I'm not exactly sure what they are. Generally you want to DI down and behind her off a down throw. Sheik can always follow up after her throws, but behind her will lead to a weak Bair or Uair.

For Falcon, I'm not exactly sure. Usually I stick with away. There are several scenarios that allow Samus to Nair the Falcon's follow up aerial. I would generally try to avoid DI'ing up. Falcon's uair is his best tool against Samus.

Smash Journeyman
down and behind on sheik's dthrow leads to a strong uair I'm pretty sure...

down and away for falcon's dthrow usually works. vs upthrow i've been trying down/away and straight away, though it'll just be a bad position for you in general. DI onto a platform and shielddrop his upair ;)

GoomySmash

Smash Apprentice
The only time Sheik wont Down throw you is to back throw you off stage, in which the DI is pretty simple. DI Up and towards to not die. Sheik down throw can be tricky. There are certain %'s that you can DI in front of her and Up-B her Fair, but I'm not exactly sure what they are. Generally you want to DI down and behind her off a down throw. Sheik can always follow up after her throws, but behind her will lead to a weak Bair or Uair.
I think the percent where it's best to DI away Sheik's downthrow is over ~100%. On most stages if you DI in and get hit with a Sheik upair you won't die, so I usually DI in below 100% and DI away and upB after 100%. You can DI in or out below 100%, it's sort of like pick your poison, but I personally prefer to be hit with an Upair than a fair at low percent as Samus because fair can put you in a more edgeguardable position.

Smash Journeyman
on the other hand, I often like to get put offstage at low% because I'm more afraid of getting juggled than getting edgeguarded at low%... hmm. I guess as one gets better at shielddropping, coming down through the platforms becomes less scary.

Mervis

Smash Journeyman
on the other hand, I often like to get put offstage at low% because I'm more afraid of getting juggled than getting edgeguarded at low%.
Me too. Samus has a pretty decent ledge game.

I guess as one gets better at shielddropping, coming down through the platforms becomes less scary.
......What?

Smash Journeyman
like, if you're good at shielddropping, it's less scary to get back to the ground via platforms, because you can land on a platform -> shield -> shielddrop when they hit your shield

Mervis

Smash Journeyman
like, if you're good at shielddropping, it's less scary to get back to the ground via platforms, because you can land on a platform -> shield -> shielddrop when they hit your shield
No I understand why shield dropping is good. I just brain farted and forgot the conversation. Basically just ignore my post.

Top Bottom