• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Detecive Gumshoe for smash(NES Nintendo Charecter)

FoxDash

Smash Cadet
im not sure if anyone posted it yet but Gumshoe could be an interesting retro charecter

heres some pics
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Gumshoebox.jpg

nintendoinsider.com/ site/media/****%20Gumshoe.jpg

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...es?q=gumshoe&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&sa=G
sorry i cant get them to come up right :(

and dont gimme any "theres no moves to give him" crap. Fox gained the abilty to burst into flames when? then same time Captin falcon did.

Wadda u think ,

tell me if u cant get the pics and ill try ta fix it, or u can tell me how thnx. :p

fluffy

Smash Champion
lol r u serious? come on...no offense. its uber unlikely that hed be in.

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
He is cool, and it would be an interesting addition to Brawl. But I haven't played the game, so I cant give you more info about hi (BTW, I didn't know he made an special appereance in Phoenix Wright).

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Non-Japanese character, so who knows. Might be just like adding Mike (the better non-Japanese submission) or Tin Star. I'm not against it, mind you. I like it. Gumshoe was a fun-*** game. Just saying.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Mr. Stevenson is his name, and that game is similar to Tin Star (SNES).
As usual, you beat me to it.

His name is Mr. Stevenson. This guy:

And this is the game itself (no link):

That other picture you had looked cool, but I couldn't see the full-sized version. Also, I noticed he didn't have a beard.

Anyway, he's be an awesome idea for a new character! Seriously!

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Mr. Stevenson would indeed be awesome, but I think Mike Jones of Star Tropics and Tin Star are bit more likely as Western exclusive Nintendo characters. But seeing how many Japanese-only characters are up for nomination, I don't think 3 of the scant few exclusive characters we've received over the years would hurt...

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Mr. Stevenson would indeed be awesome, but I think Mike Jones of Star Tropics and Tin Star are bit more likely as Western exclusive Nintendo characters. But seeing how many Japanese-only characters are up for nomination, I don't think 3 of the scant few exclusive characters we've received over the years would hurt...
Wait, Gumshoe was exclusive to the West?

...That could be all the more reason to include him!

I mean, they included Fire Emblem characters, even though they were exclusive to Japan.

parrothead

Smash Lord
The StarTropics series and Gumshoe were both released in the U.S. and Europe, but not in Japan. Do characters from titles released in only two countries/continents count as world-known characters? Probably not, because Japan doesn't know them.

EDIT: Sorry, I put in "United States" instead of "Japan" by accident.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
The StarTropics series and Gumshoe were both released in the U.S. and Europe, but not in the United States. Do characters from titles released in only two countries/continents count as world-known characters? Probably not, because Japan doesn't know them.
Not necessarily - both Star Tropics and Gumshoe were developed in Japan, so NOJ certainly knows who they are, even if the general population of Japan does not - and wouldn't it only be fair, considering Japan did just that to us in SSBM?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
The StarTropics series and Gumshoe were both released in the U.S. and Europe, but not in the United States. Do characters from titles released in only two countries/continents count as world-known characters? Probably not, because Japan doesn't know them.
Correct me if I am wrong, but weren't Star Tropics and Gumshoe made by the creators of Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!, i.e, Japan? So even though the public might not know, I'm confident someone who works at making the game knows

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Correct me if I am wrong, but weren't Star Tropics and Gumshoe made by the creators of Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!, i.e, Japan? So even though the public might not know, I'm confident someone who works at making the game knows
Star Tropics is indeed the brainchild of Genyo Takeda and Nintendo Integrated Research & Development (IRD), the very same people that brought us the Punch-Out!! series. Gumshoe was developed by Nintendo RD1 though...

Speaking of Gumshoe, look at this interesting article I found: http://www.totalvideogames.com/news/Nintendo_Resurrects_NES&_039;_GumShoe_8441_0_18.htm

parrothead

Smash Lord
Interesting, Lord_Deathborne, but that article was created back in 15/09/2005, and we haven't heard a word about it ever since that article was made. It reminds me of this news.

And, by the way, I made a mistake typing my previous post in this thread. Read the "EDIT" part.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Interesting, Lord_Deathborne, but that article was created back in 15/09/2005, and we haven't heard a word about it ever since that article was made. It reminds me of this news.

And, by the way, I made a mistake typing my previous post in this thread. Read the "EDIT" part.
WOW! Is that really true?!

...That was only one second, but I still liked it.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
OMFG!!! I REMEMBER THIS GAME!!

You had to control him with the zapper! You had to shoot stuff on the screen, and if you shot him, he jumped. It was hard as hell to control, but definately fun.

But yeah man, I remember this game!

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
When I saw the thread title, I honestly thought you meant Detective **** Gumshoe, from Phoenix Wright. Then I saw that you really meant Stevenson...

You got my hopes all up for nothing, pal. That ain't very nice... T_T

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
When I saw the thread title, I honestly thought you meant Detective **** Gumshoe, from Phoenix Wright. Then I saw that you really meant Stevenson...

You got my hopes all up for nothing, pal. That ain't very nice... T_T
Yeah, too bad for you, you should have read the WHOLE title.:dizzy:

Top Bottom