• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

Detailed Mii Gunner guide

Sir Antoine

Smash Rookie
Sir Antoine submitted a new guide:

Detailed Mii Gunner guide [WORK IN PROGRESS] - Basic guide for your mii

Hi everyone.
I feel like miis are not getting enough love so here's my Mii gunnner guide :)
(please if you see any english mistakes just tell me and i'll edit it)

List of things i have to do:
-Test more with some moves
-Finish the "Strategies and gameplay" section
-Finish the "Combo" section
-Add more combos
-Maybe add a matchup section

CONTENT:
0- Chose your Mii
1- Pros and Cons
2- Moves analysis...
Read more about this guide...

Kodystri

the PK Spamming Lucas Main
NNID
Kodystri
As one of the better Mii Gunners, I will say some stuff(I am working on a video Mii Gunner Guide)

Down-B is really good if you know how to use it. a Hitbox that is waiting is good. About 2 well played Bomb Drops will break shields. Also, Bomb Drop has about the same kill power as Grenades. Using it to space as well as Grenades can be very deadly(Again I will explain better in my guide.)

Down Air Spikes(Still useless imo :p)

Go in more detail about Fair! Fair is too good to not go in detail about! Oh Fair depends on how close you are.

Side Special 3 is good for camping and using when you are far away from the opponent because doing it up close is not going to help you space.

A Con for Mii Gunner is the ability to kill. Mii Gunner can't kill to save miis life(Well past 130% in most cases, may can kill with a hard read smash near the edge, but thats about it).

ALl the little detail I have to say about your guide. Otherwise keep working on it.

Oh some combos

At any percent

Short Hop -> Grenade -> Up Smash(Hard to do at times.)

Short Hop -> Grenade -> Grenade

At Mid high Percents

Grenade -> Fair
Short Hop Grenade -> Grenade -> Fair

Low Percent
Grenade->Up Smash->Nair

Some random combo i keep doing at idk percent

Grenade->Fair->Fair->Nair->Grenade->Bair(I honestly don't know how I keep doing it at times, sometimes the order is different, pretty situational though)

If you look me up, please don't watch my early videos. I used Gunner as a joke character until I started taking her seriously. I have been improving with Gunner every week.

Last edited:

Sir Antoine

Smash Rookie
Thanks for your advices and combos
I'll will add them in my guide
Just like you I started Mii gunner as a joke and recently started to take it seriously (that's why my guide is not perfect and will become better)

Kodystri

the PK Spamming Lucas Main
NNID
Kodystri
We can definitely play friendlies sometime, I am always on the look out for more Gunners.

Do not add the last combo quite just yet, I am still experimenting with it.

Last edited:

Ezzelin

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5026-4437-5276
You forgot to mention that Arm Rocket (Up 3) can be angled. Also, I'd mention that Lunar Launch (Up 1) shoots out a projectile; it's an important distinction. And also Cannon Uppercut (Up 2) can spike, I believe.

DigitalAtom6

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DigitalAtom6
3DS FC
1864-9481-4247
I also noticed that at low percents F-throw to fully charged charge shot is guaranteed. At higher percents where charge shot KO's, it is not guaranteed, but still a possible string as you would have to read your opponent's DI after the throw and/or their airdodge and hit them with it anyway.

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
There are many more jab follow ups. Jab follows up into all of gunner's tilts and smashes. It also follows up into charge blast. In addition, you can get the follow ups out of either the first jab or the second jab.

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
I also noticed that at low percents F-throw to fully charged charge shot is guaranteed. At higher percents where charge shot KO's, it is not guaranteed, but still a possible string as you would have to read your opponent's DI after the throw and/or their airdodge and hit them with it anyway.
Even if your opponent jumps over the charge blast, it usually sets them up for a forward smash at the ledge.

Top Bottom