• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Desync: Rosalina Grab/Luma Jab?!

Rosalumamain

Smash Rookie
Hello Smashboards. I was fooling around with Rosaluma in Fast Smash (Special Smash), and accidentally executed something very strange, yet amazing in terms of how it can be used. The problem is, I have no idea how I did it, as it wasn't an intentional move I planned on making. I believe that if further investigated, this could be essential for every R&L main. I would also like to note that no custom moves, nor equipment was used during the match.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

Nadeko Sengoku

Nadeko da yo!
Hello Smashboards. I was fooling around with Rosaluma in Fast Smash (Special Smash), and accidentally executed something very strange, yet amazing in terms of how it can be used. The problem is, I have no idea how I did it, as it wasn't an intentional move I planned on making. I believe that if further investigated, this could be essential for every R&L main.

Thank you for your time.
I can't see the video :'c

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
Link doesn't seem to be working for me. :/

Regardless, was the Luma doing a dash attack or a jab? Using a boost grab with Rosalina ( using a dash attack, then grabbing immediately after ) causes the Luma to dash attack, while Rosalina gets an extended grab range. It's quite useful for grabbing off the ground, or poking their shield to ensure the grab connects. If it really is a jab...I'm really curious how you did it, and you need to fix that video.

Rosalumamain

Smash Rookie
Link doesn't seem to be working for me. :/

Regardless, was the Luma doing a dash attack or a jab? Using a boost grab with Rosalina ( using a dash attack, then grabbing immediately after ) causes the Luma to dash attack, while Rosalina gets an extended grab range. It's quite useful for grabbing off the ground, or poking their shield to ensure the grab connects. If it really is a jab...I'm really curious how you did it, and you need to fix that video.
Sorry about that! Does it work now?

I can't see the video :'c
Sorry about that! I tried fixing it, is it viewable now? :(

Last edited by a moderator:

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
"Video Unavailable
This video has either been removed from Facebook or is not visible due to privacy settings."

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
Welcome to Smashboards! Still can't see the video. Can you try to upload to YouTube and post the link?

As others have said, it sounds like a boost grab.

A boost grab is basically a dash attack with a very fast input of grab. This is valid with all characters. They start their dash attack animation, but instead of attacking, they grab. This can extend their grab range. With Rosalina and Luma, it is slightly different. Since Luma cannot grab, Luma still attacks, but Rosalina will grab. This can allow for an extra 3% damage on a boost grab where other characters do not get the extra damage.

Losho

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheLosho
3DS FC
3883-7759-0830
Haven't seen your video but I have performed this technique before. The timing for it is strange but you can get Luma caught in the spinning jab combo while Rosalina continuously grabs. As cool as this looks it's not very practical since it leaves you grabbing in the same spot repetitively. Some may make the argument that this can be used as a frame-trap, with whom I would agree just the fact that you can not actively input another command besides the grab and jab combo makes it rather unpractical.

Last edited:

Rosalumamain

Smash Rookie
Haven't seen your video but I have performed this technique before. The timing for it is strange but you can get Luma caught in the spinning jab combo while Rosalina continuously grabs. As cool as this looks it's not very practical since it leaves you grabbing in the same spot repetitively. Some may make the argument that this can be used as a frame-trap, with whom I would agree just the fact that you can not actively input another command besides the grab and jab combo makes it rather unpractical.
Ahhh, I see. Thank you for this information, and again, I'm sorry that the video couldn't be played. I think I know what happed. DK executed a short hopped fair, which spiked Rosalina, but I teched it. Luma was not hit, so I began pressing the attack button which caused Luma to do his spinning jab. Rosalina did a "normal" get up, as I grabbed DK, not knowing that Luma would continue to jab.

Losho

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheLosho
3DS FC
3883-7759-0830
Ahhh, I see. Thank you for this information, and again, I'm sorry that the video couldn't be played. I think I know what happed. DK executed a short hopped fair, which spiked Rosalina, but I teched it. Luma was not hit, so I began pressing the attack button which caused Luma to do his spinning jab. Rosalina did a "normal" get up, as I grabbed DK, not knowing that Luma would continue to jab.
Glad to be of help! :D

Top Bottom