• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Demo Impressions

The Animator

Smash Journeyman
So I got to play demo today with two of my friends the unanimous agreement was that it it was awkward playing with the pro controller since we only use GameCube controllers, but aside from that the characters felt like they had more weight and we liked it.

We got to play two 2 minute rounds, so I tried Ridley first; I liked the way he plays could be a potential main for me. He felt a lot like the Ridley mod for Project M. (Its been a long time since I played so if there is more then one Ridely mod it was the original.)

Then for the second round I played Mewtwo since he was my Smash 4 main. He played mostly the same but faster, heavier, and more fun.

I'm going back again tomorrow, so I tried playing Smash 4 with the Wii U pro controller to be better prepared, and, but after playing Ultimate its really hard going back to 4.
It will take some real time with the game to tell if its as good as Melee and Project M but its definitely way better than 4.

*update
Today I played as Inkling, the attacks felt awkward, and slow to me. It may just be that their is a learning curve to it, but as of now Inkling doesn't seem like a character I would like to play as.

Next I played as Link to try his new bomb and see if there was any other changes. He mostly felt the same, unfortunately in a 2 minute round with items it didn't really get an opportunity to test the bomb. I pulled out the bomb but then couldn't throw it, and then ended up throwing it off the edge. So it seems like it will take some work to really figure out how to use him well.

I also went in the tournament today and played as Mewtwo; like I said yesterday he felt good and having a little practice I did better, but I still kept hitting the wrong buttons so I lost in the first round.

Last edited:
Top Bottom