• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Defensive Ness

Levitas

the moon
Well, jumping back as they approach and using fairs could work, but usually an aggressive stance works better. At least for my Ness.

Another thing is that if you're running and they're chasing, do a low DJC Bair at them all of a sudden. Due to the nature of the DJC, you can move it farther back than they expect if they don't play against Ness often, and nail them with the bair.

For that matter, DJC bairs can be a decent deterent for the opponent to approach in general. Just be careful not to spam.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Why try to be something that you don't know how to be. Just play as what you know and are used to.

Levitas

the moon
Ademisk, what's Ness's shoe size? I know you know his first memory. And no, I don't think anyone knows his shoe size.

Where does Ness's extended family live? Why does he suddenly learn PSI right when he needs to? Why can't he beat up a gender confused ninja when he destroyed the essence of evil in the entire universe?

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Ademisk, what's Ness's shoe size? I know you know his first memory. And no, I don't think anyone knows his shoe size.

Where does Ness's extended family live? Why does he suddenly learn PSI right when he needs to? Why can't he beat up a gender confused ninja when he destroyed the essence of evil in the entire universe?
Size 9, Sixtopia, Giygas' evil influence acted as a catalyst, Ness is a homophobe and Shiek is gay.

As for Sage's confusion, I'm saying you shouldn't play defensive, but then saying that I'm just kidding and you totally should.

Top Bottom