• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Default Palutena = ultimate anti-spam character?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I find Palutena default moveset seems suited to combat spam of almost any kind. It's pretty hilarious.

You try to fly up to use stall-then-falls, you get up-smashed.

You try spamming a rush move like Drill Rush or Spin Dash, you get Countered.

You try spamming projectiles, they get reflected.

I can see the look of people who try these tactics (namely inexperienced players). XD

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Anyone who's good plays an anti-spam strategy.
Yeah, but Palutena seems to do it better than any character I've ever seen. Two specials and a smash that counter
the three most common types of spam employed by newbies, described in my first comment.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I like that, I must say. It fits with her role as a bastion of order and harmony.

She won't pursue you with ire and aggression, but if you try to do her harm, she'll smack you down. Hard. Now that's divine retribution.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Palutena's the mighty defensive type with her default specials and range. I'm so gonna have fun using her versatility towards others. Though when not against randoms, there's always speed and power within her other custom specials.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
So basically, default Palutena is a Wobbuffet :troll:
Say what?

Palutena's the mighty defensive type with her default specials and range. I'm so gonna have fun using her versatility towards others. Though when not against randoms, there's always speed and power within her other custom specials.
She really is the best of both worlds! The ability to customise your character is one that's seldom seen in fighting games, though it makes sense that an all-powerful goddess would be the perfect example of such a rare and beautiful phenomenon.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Say what?

She really is the best of both worlds! The ability to customise your character is one that's seldom seen in fighting games, though it makes sense that an all-powerful goddess would be the perfect example of such a rare and beautiful phenomenon.
That sketch <3

Count Bleck

Smash Cadet
Well, going by what I've seen, Megaman can literally do nothing to her she isn't prepared for. I imagine Samus and Link also having trouble getting past her defenses.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Well, going by what I've seen, Megaman can literally do nothing to her she isn't prepared for. I imagine Samus and Link also having trouble getting past her defenses.
Robin too i guess. Although most of Robins levin sword attacks aren't telegraphed from miles away.

Iron Maw

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ironmaw
3DS FC
1091-8076-0883
Robin too i guess. Although most of Robins levin sword attacks aren't telegraphed from miles away.
Eh, I don't think it will be quite as effective against either Link or Robin since they aren't solely projectile dependent and both are better at melee than she is. Mainly because they 're faster and have much less lag in their attacks compared to Palutena. Counter could possibly help a bit here. Not so much against Robin due the latter's command grab and variable range.

But yeah, Megaman is pretty screwed.

Last edited:

ajch22

Smash Rookie
I personally feel that, more than an anti-spam character, she is more the spammer. Think of it, might be slow, but, her default moveset asks to keep away your opponent, and auto reticle is pretty much an auto aim missile with decent speed. A giant reflect barrier to keep opponents away and to prevent better spammers of outdoing her, a counter to keep those trying to rush her down in check and most of her moves don´t seem to combo into something, plus those smash attacks with a pretty decent distance, heck her up smash guarantees no one will try to hit her from above

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Eh, I don't think it will be quite as effective against either Link or Robin since they aren't solely projectile dependent and both are better at melee than she is. Mainly because they 're faster and have much less lag in their attacks compared to Palutena. Counter could possibly help a bit here. Not so much against Robin due the latter's command grab and variable range.

Well, the clash tournament showed that Robin struggles against her too, but I agree it isn't as bad as with Megaman... although her Up-Smash pretty much ruins Robins aerials, and some of his best killmoves are aerials. Also, while she might be a bit worse at melee combat, the fact that all her rolls and dodges are friggin TELEPORTS that she can easily grab out of make her hart to predict, and her Grabs combo nicely. And she has a counter, but again, Robins Levin Sword-attacks are relatively hard to counter compared to other moves.

Greda

Smash Journeyman

Against Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHBTEf7ZXQo

Against Robin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ20RN-9D2E

I think she'll be pretty good against the both of them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom