• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dedicated Wario main introducing myself

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to get to know other serious Wario players, I am from the UK and in Melee I am like, top 20 but we do have quite a large Melee scene. In Brawl I am top 5, and in Project M I'd say I'm top 10 or pretty close, but I have basically gone even with everyone (but often just about lose) except for Fuzzyness and Professor Pro.

I really like how he functions overall and I am practising often, I have a money match with our other Wario player in the UK for £30, because we are quite close and I beat him in a Bo5 just about. I'm really good with bite because of Brawl (Melee players aren't used to that, I mained Wario in Brawl btw), I am so far accurate with his moves and my tech skill is pretty on point.

Now for my bragging rights, I played Armada and I took him to last stock on FD once, but I lost 2 - 0. I have in a few matches taken Professor Pro's Snake to last stock in friendly, but gotten wrecked often by both players ;)

Good luck to all the other Wario players out there! :wario::wario::wario:

I am also trying to advance the character as much as possible!

Last edited:

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
Luigi in the name... says he mains Wario *mistrust*. Hey, just kidding, always great to have more PM players. Right now the best Warios are probably @ TheReflexWonder TheReflexWonder and @ Strong Badam Strong Badam so ask them to give information to update your Wario to the current metagame and then try to advance it.

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
I'll explain the name then, basically when I was 12, and even before that on Smash 64, I only played Luigi. Eventually, I looked at sites online and found the Tier list, saw that Peach was pretty high, tried her out and found her really fun, then started playing Samus. When I went to my first tournament I stuck with Peach since she seemed so much better, and played Melee and Brawl a lot since then, learnt a lot and got pretty good. Since Brawl's release Wario and Diddy were my favourite characters, and I've always used Luigi for fun in both lol. I played Tekken competitively when I was 15, was actually really good for my age and lack of exprience, took games off of good players, but my love for Smash took me away from that lol, so that explains mitsu :p.

I have watched Strong Bad's videos, and learnt some tricks. I haven't actually found anything of TheReflexWonder, don't know why, but I do know that he is a very good player. I feel like through my experimentation I've probable done at least some things that other people wouldn't, but I can't really say, I plan to climb up the ladder of PM players in the UK, 3rd is my short term goal and 1st is my long term one of course, I'll see what happens.

Last edited:

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
Lol, don't worry I realise that, I just felt like giving a story. I just kept the name because it sounds cool. I'll definitely watch all his videos, I was never able to find them when I searched, thanks.

Alright, from watching a few minutes he seems ok, but he doesn't actually use much tech skill in terms of movement, I feel like my Wario could be better, but that is quite big headed for me to say and I don't have good enough results to back it up yet, especially when it's a well known player like Reflex. I'll try to get videos up as soon as possible, to show how far I've come and see how I compare with the rest. When I watched Strongbad I was really impressed and based some elements of my gameplay off of him.

Last edited:

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
@ TheReflexWonder TheReflexWonder - Cool I'll check out all your Matches I know how good your Wario was in Brawl, but I want to suggest practicing dash dance and wave dash as much as possible just so you can have good movement, and platform wavelanding that's the main thing that I do a lot that you're not doing, but you do play Wario smart.

@ Ace55 Ace55 - Yeah, I'll try to make sure it gets recorded since it's going to be hype, last time during our bo5 I only just about won, but I 3 stocked him in one game, was back and forth quite a bit.

Oh and if you want to see my Brawl Wario there's some stuff on youtube, Luigimitsu vs CRZ from 4 months ago is the best video I have atm.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Always good to see new Warios enter the fray. Looking forward to what you can contribute to the character. Feel free to post in the video critique thread, me and Reflex usually peruse them every so often and help out the newer players.

\Apples

Smash Journeyman
Hey there and welcome! Always happy to see more dedicated Wario mains. I've been maining him since P:M v2.1, but my tournament attendance hasn't been the greatest until recently. I moved up to the Pacific Northwest and although we don't get a whole lot of traffic from the rest of the US (it's such a tragedy), I'm pretty confident in saying I'm top 5 P:M players in WA, but probably in the whole PacNW as well including Vancouver, Canada.

Washington and Oregon have a bad habit of never posting any tournament results or really streaming a whole lot at all, so there isn't a whole lot of great footage. Gimpyfish has been getting his stream on pretty consistently as of late, though, but he recently made a shift toward Melee because of MLG.

But yeah the Wario boards are pretty much the only forum I visit here anymore, about once a week. Keep an eye out next month for Northwest Majors! I'll be there! Can't wait to see what you can do, man!

Last edited:

Jreed420

Smash Cadet
Hey strongbad lookin to hit this money match wario ditto best of 5 of livestream. I'll put like 50 up or something

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
Luigi in my name, Diddy in my picture... can you guess who my secondarys are? Peach and Wario are under my avatar though, my real mains ;)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hey strongbad lookin to hit this money match wario ditto best of 5 of livestream. I'll put like 50 up or something
I'm most likely down, just need to make sure I have $50 on me at the time.

Top Bottom