• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DeDeDisaster, critique my penguin skills

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
Nice Dedede. Really, it was just all of those stupid little mistakes that caused you to lose. Play a little safer, and don't use up your shield. Spot dodge more.

Disaster-sama

Smash Cadet
NNID
El_huracan
Thanks i agree, that up b didnt come up at the second stock, from that mistake i was like all crazy to finish snake and that was my fatal flaw. The last stock i should have reach the edge instead of shielding all the time, that way he would not end up combo breaking my shield :p

Evelgest

Smash Apprentice
Incorporate UpTilts into your game.. I find myself saving it and only using it to kill.

Disaster-sama

Smash Cadet
NNID
El_huracan
Oh yea, you got me there. nowdays i use a lot of dtilt and ftilt, but the headbuts are really hard to pull. Most of the times i fail at timing and i accidentally usmash, and also i would like to know if its more easy utilt out of a shield using tap jump button off, since i use it on and its extremly hard to do it

Evelgest

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I keep Tap Jump off; it makes UTilts a lot easier to pull. Unless you're using tap jump, I'd advise you to turn it off just in case.

Disaster-sama

Smash Cadet
NNID
El_huracan
Mkay, there are 2 new videos up in the main post, like evelgest suggest now im playing with different control setup. please discuss about the videos, and my improvement thanks

GanonDaCannon

Smash Rookie
Swallowcide

In the 2 new videos I think I saw you swallowcide once. There were a few times in your fight with MK that a swallowcide would have been helpful. Also, I think I saw you cancel out of the up b and grab the edge once, that can be helpful to use a little more and keep your opponent guessing. Overall, you've got a pretty good DeDeDe, you pwned Lucas but I don't think that was a great Lucas either.

Good jorb.

Bakithi

Smash Apprentice
Good job, nice videos. Y'could use his downsmash more. Nice use of the chain grab, by the way. =)

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
Two things you need more of against snake

Power shield(dodge)
Grab(use backthrow at end)

Snake is no good if all you do is that I thinks its an easy match

Other than that keep it up tighten up your moves and speed it up a little but keep it up

Disaster-sama

Smash Cadet
NNID
El_huracan
Thanks. well i would like to discuss about the chaingrab/chase. i've been training the chase as you can see in mk video, its really hard to cover the 4 posible after dthrow actions of the oponent, even more dificult if you haven't fight him before.
he can: - stand up
- attack/stand
- roll backwards or forwards

when chasing a non cg oponent i usually cover the roll backwards and attack/stand actions by doing the chase and standing. if he doesnt roll quickly i just turn the shield on. its like 25% or less of pobability to got it right i think. It will be nice if someone can sugest other way to chase becaue i think a good chase can win tactically and mentally over the oponent, make him more cautious at the moment of attack and consequently, make mistakes.

R!S3

Smash Apprentice
practice your CG more

tilts need to improve

you missed alot of opportunities to capitalize on your opponents delay...

keep practicing

Top Bottom