• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DeDeDe's Jet Hammer.

ChiiGamer

Smash Rookie
So... I don't use it much. It just doesn't seem worth it I guess. Then again I haven't really been playing people my own "level." So, I've just been able to get away with an uncharged f-smash on the c-stick. Everyone around smash forums seem to encourage it, but I really don't know much about it. What makes it so special? Does it have to be fully charged to be very effective or is it just used for a speedy attack?

What is this "jet hammer" glitch I've heard about and how does it work?

Thanks.

qwertyman

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, you really don't need it. You can use it for a few things (such as what the above poster said), but it's just not that useful.

EDIT: Oh, and the glitch is dang near impossible to pull off consistantly.

kreechure

Smash Rookie
I myself almost never use it, but when i do its more or less for a humorous kill. It's Dedede's equivalent to a falcon punch kill .

ChiiGamer

Smash Rookie
Well that's good to hear. I just thought I was lacking a basic DeDeDe skill. I do use it sometimes like when I do need a super quick attack to catch people off guard and throw off their game a little. Most of the people I play against think it's D3's best attack, and it psyches them out a little. Which is a plus.

I'd still just like to know how to perform this glitch though. Just so I can mess around with it a little. Even if it is "impossible", I'm still intrigued by it.

EDIT - Just watched the vid. Yeah... in a real battle you really don't have that much time to do that. But, it'll be pretty neat when I show my friends. :laugh: I doubt anyone would risk damage and that much time in like a tourny setting. But if someone won a tourney like that... We'll he/she would be my hero.

Mclovin22

Smash Rookie
I use it as a toying mechanism, a little gamer psychology if you will. (Yes a mindgame in a sense) But if you're a person who DIES to a jet hammer, don't you think that'd both you just a little bit?

I sometimes edgeguard with it, sometimes I just bring it up from when i'm coming on top of them and charge it in air and smash them with it. It's fun, but not recommended

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
I mainly use it when I'm going to go Aerial attacking after throwing a couple of waddle dees, just to avoid throwing them away again..., It's pretty much the same range as F-air...

R!S3

Smash Apprentice
its an aerial smash attack

shouldnt be used consistently in a game...but shouldnt be overlooked as an option either...

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
I'd say you should try pulling it occasionally, just so your opponent knows that it's there and that it IS a threat. In friendly games, try to pull it once a match, to practice it.

Top Bottom