• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dededemocracy - A Dedede Combo Video by H@wK

Yes!!

Smash Rookie
Okay, I have a few criticisms.

1) Don't focus on chaingrabbing. It's pretty easy to do with Dedede if you just SCG and it's not really impressive, not even half as impressive as waveshining is. Making a video with so much of it is just redundant...
2) Why are some of these clips even included? Like... a lot of them are blatantly.. not combos, and not even seamless strings of attacks. Some clips simply look like random gameplay thrown in there in which you get a hit or two off.
3) You don't really utilize one of Dedede's greatest strentghs, and that is traveling far off stage in order to intercept recovering opponents. Watch Romeo's videos with Dedede and you'll see exactly what I mean. What you can do with Dedede is practically set up a barrier between the stage and them by doing an aerial (forward works), then jump and do it again, then jump and do it again as they recover. A lot of opponents can be stopped by this "wall"

Not only does the barrier thing work, but Dededes back aerial strings together nicely in the air, so when someones off the stage in the air you should try to land a few on them.

You play a good Dedede, I would just make the video have different focuses next time. Especially a bit less chaingrabbing, unless it sets up for like some monstrous off-stage combo.

H@wK

Smash Ace
San Juan P.R. PKMN D/P FC - 4940 2077 9502
Okay, I have a few criticisms.

1) Don't focus on chaingrabbing. It's pretty easy to do with Dedede if you just SCG and it's not really impressive, not even half as impressive as waveshining is. Making a video with so much of it is just redundant...
2) Why are some of these clips even included? Like... a lot of them are blatantly.. not combos, and not even seamless strings of attacks. Some clips simply look like random gameplay thrown in there in which you get a hit or two off.
3) You don't really utilize one of Dedede's greatest strentghs, and that is traveling far off stage in order to intercept recovering opponents. Watch Romeo's videos with Dedede and you'll see exactly what I mean. What you can do with Dedede is practically set up a barrier between the stage and them by doing an aerial (forward works), then jump and do it again, then jump and do it again as they recover. A lot of opponents can be stopped by this "wall"

Not only does the barrier thing work, but Dededes back aerial strings together nicely in the air, so when someones off the stage in the air you should try to land a few on them.

You play a good Dedede, I would just make the video have different focuses next time. Especially a bit less chaingrabbing, unless it sets up for like some monstrous off-stage combo.
Thanks for your comments, that's exactly what I'm looking for. But it's only my first vid. I'll make a better job next time. Once again, thanks.

I want to point a few things. I have some vids doing a better edgeguard. But not succesful. The intention was there, but it didn't look good.

I also play safe. Too much Waddles, and shield-grab. That's why there are a lot grabs out there. And I put em' one after another to finish the chain-grab part.

Peace.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Nice video, I loved the music (being a Megaman fan). I have an idea for making a combo video as well, but first I need the game and some matches recorded ;)

BUMPS

Smash Rookie
Nice vid... Its really hard to tell how Dedede and all chars are going to play at the moment tho. The game hasnt even come out yet! But, while waiting for the game, watching some videos of Dedede to see how he can be played, i liked yours a lot as well as Romeos

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
i didnt enjoy it as much as everyone esle did.
i didnt at first, just because i felt like i was watching a chaingrab tutorial, but this is a positive thread & positive video, he did nothing WRONG certainly, i appreciate the vid.
just a thing for later videos man, this didnt show too many combos, it was alot of normal gameplay (ddd lands a hit, samus lands a hit, ddd hits back etc ya know?)
thats fine, but im sure everyone was expecting some crazy ddd combos they havent seen before, or just some sick combos in general.
this is awesome though i dont think your bad at all, for your next vid itd be cool to see some moves linked together (like one post said, make a DDD wall edgeguard in midair, or whatever)
ok im done wasting space.

H@wK

Smash Ace
San Juan P.R. PKMN D/P FC - 4940 2077 9502
You're not wasting space at all. That's why this topic was created, for discussion.

Sorry about the CG part. It's because I didn't have enough material available (haven't uploaded some videos), but for the next vid, I will take all your suggestions and make something better.

Peace.

Tricky.

Smash Cadet
like 3:07 wasnt even a combo...

i mean u are really good at Chain grabbing.
but i wish i just saw more combos and less chain grabbing. because this video is suppose to be a king 3D combo vid, not King 3D Chaingrabbing Vid.

Ps im not trying to sound like an ******* or anything.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
honestly, really not verry good. bot bad, just average.

I didnt see anything that any random person couldnt do, and you even messed up simple things like Chain grabs.

but right away i could tell that you werent going to be good because of your Dairs.
you should NEVER FF a Dair, and you should know to only activate the Dait ao the persons head. that way you can follow up with a combo/WOP, not suffer lag, and get the benifit of the last hit.

Sorry.

WiNGSPANTT

Smash Rookie
The video is all right but honestly so much chain grabbing made it kind of boring. At least spread it out in the video next time!

Top Bottom