• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dedede vs Olimar: Need Help

Illussionary

Smash Journeyman
I don't know what it is about when I fight Olimar, but I seem to barely ever get a hit off. Like I try to time my sheilds and dodges, but Olimars attacks are faster then DDD's. I've been watching DDD vs Olimar vids, and its no help considering they get owned also. So if anybody has some suggestions agaisnt, Thank You.

Lazyboy0337

Smash Journeyman
try to get Olimar destracted with a waddle dee, then use the jet hammer, side smash, or recovery move to kill him pikmin. then use a different move of those three to hit olimar while he is plucking for more

dan smith

Smash Champion
My roomate plays Oli, and although he's not good...I've developed some strats.

Spam dees, ftilt, fSMASH, and bair. He's got good range and he's small. Going aerial dosen't really work, play defensive, build up damage, and then hit him with a smash to ko. Take advantage of the fact that he KOs early...Olimar's a really good character...it's his main weakness.

yoshi_friend

Smash Apprentice
i always just spam up and down smashes to kill off his pikmin. also, if he keeps throwing them at you, your forward a combo can stop it.
Olimar is very difficult to beat because of his range and annoying aerials(especially with the yellow stun pikmin) but your ftilt can beat his range.

Drack

Smash Apprentice
Use utilt to shake off his pikmin latch.

Dthrow chaingrab is a techchase with Olimar and dthrow-> ftilt doesn't work, so stick to your side throws.

Ftilt outranges or cancels all of his ground attacks.

Waddles block most of his ground attacks.

His tether can be easily gimped by edgehog unless he's lucky enough to either have a purple pikmin to throw at you or is close enough to ledgegrab that his up+B knocking you off can get the ledgegrab without him tethering to it.

Olimar can get gimped by inhale then spitting him out under the stage.

Your dair beats his upward attacks if properly spaced.

really_calm

Smash Journeyman
if you can hit him with your Dair definitely do it

Olimar's weakness is not only being easily knocked off, he has a hard time recovering to the ground. Dair/Utilt will knock him up and follow with fair, bair, uair, usmash, whatever you want.

Try spot dodging his fsmash and dash/shieldgrab?

Top Bottom