• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dedede vs Olimar help!

solvalou

Smash Rookie
I don't own the game myself but i had played it for about 8 hours straight at my buddys house, he seemed to favor olimar and myself favoring dedede. I seems to own me like no matter what i do im getting owned my the pikmen and his grab range. any tips on vsing olimar? also how do u shake the little guys off you?

limitbreak

Smash Ace
Havent had much experience vs Olimar yet but the one move i know works real well is his b air. Try shield grabbing and just getting him off the stage. Tether recoveries are the easiest to recovery to prevent.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
My brother mains Olimar, and Dedede is one of my secondaries. So I've played the matchup a bit, and both of us agree that it sucks. (from what we know so far)

Don't get spammed. Try to stay just outside of his range, and get him off of the stage. Kick him further off the stage, and grab the ledge if he tries to tether it. If you can, prevent him from getting more pikmin when he's running low on them.

Samus-T

Smash Lord
okay so when olimar throws pikmin at u, the best defense is ftilt and NA cuz it spins the pikmin to death and they cant latch on to you. When at a distance, try to throw waddles at him because pikmin can't go through the waddles when thrown (at least the first few pikmin). Next u should really try to grab him a lot, like a lot a lot. when in the middle of the stage dthrows to ftilt or just tech chase to either another dthrow or dash attack (****) when edgeguarding, bairs and fthrows r really the best thing. as long as you're edgehogging, olimar's pikmin can't grab the edge, thus leaving him falling to his doom. And if he gets back up, just throw him back off of the stage. and that is my in depth guide on how to defeat olimar lol XD

iMichael

Smash Lord
It's kind of hard to not get spammed....its going to happen. Try to get in close and grab or dsmash. I haven't went against a good Olimar yet....but I'm waiting.

the656

Smash Journeyman
Hit him with more arials Olimar pikmin air moves arent that good. Try to keep your distance it will be hard to get near Olimar from ground since he probably will use olimars dtilt/smash

aeota

Smash Cadet
At a distance, use Ftilt to kill the latching pikmin, or Dsmash if you've got them on you. Like others say, throw him off the stage, he's fairly light, and edge WALL with DDD's amazing jumps. Don't get above him, he'll easily rack up damage that way.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Honestly any big guy is going to have a problem with olimar, they tend to be slow so he can just throw pikmin on and run or when you're trying to shake them off move in for a smash attack, he's truly an annoying character to play, I honestly just let the pikmin stay on (I play yoshi who is a suprisingly good TANK) and chase after olimar and beat up on him then the pikmin will usually die from the attacks I hit olimar with (that kills 2 birds with one stone). But for someone who can't really chase someone faster than them, you might have to throw alot of waddles at him and edgeguard the mess out of him as other have said.

Top Bottom