• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dedede vs Megaman?

Ronk

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2466-1560-1125
At ktar I played against a mediocre Megaman and i found i had no approach options does anyone know how to deal with this matchup?

crumsie

Smash Cadet
NNID
Crumsie
3DS FC
5086-1050-4090
MM is a tough one. I've only played a few, but the good ones completely steamroll me. I would try to jump and gordo when they start to neutral/forward/nair you to see if you can maybe get a edge up on them, and then initiate from there. Otherwise keep dodging his projectiles and try to get in ftilt range?

Ronk

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2466-1560-1125
MM is a tough one. I've only played a few, but the good ones completely steamroll me. I would try to jump and gordo when they start to neutral/forward/nair you to see if you can maybe get a edge up on them, and then initiate from there. Otherwise keep dodging his projectiles and try to get in ftilt range?
Thank you for the advice. When I went into the match I didn't have much of a game plan and once I realized any of his projectiles beat my gordos I just stopped using them, looking back now that was a big mistake it cut off some of my few approach options.

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
Megaman has really good damage racking against us. His kills are fairly telegraphed, however. Bair, UTilt, DSmash, FSmash are the moves to look out for. DSmash can be prevented by using rolls carefully, Megaman gets a free UTilt punish if you carelessly attack his shield. FSmash and Bair are most commonly used as edgeguarding kill moves.

To get in, it isn't really different from other projectile heavy users; mix up your approach with aerials gordos, shield cancelled dashes, then poke at mid range with FTilt and SHFF Nairs.

Ronk

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2466-1560-1125
Megaman has really good damage racking against us. His kills are fairly telegraphed, however. Bair, UTilt, DSmash, FSmash are the moves to look out for. DSmash can be prevented by using rolls carefully, Megaman gets a free UTilt punish if you carelessly attack his shield. FSmash and Bair are most commonly used as edgeguarding kill moves.

To get in, it isn't really different from other projectile heavy users; mix up your approach with aerials gordos, shield cancelled dashes, then poke at mid range with FTilt and SHFF Nairs.
Wow Looking at a few Megaman matches you're very right about his kill moves being readable and I never thought about dashing into shield as an approach option. Much obliged.

ccthirteen

Smash Apprentice
I've played the MU a fair number of times. One easy way to get in will be a roll forward, pivot ftilt. If they aren't quick to react, you could even follow up by running in for a grab, dthrow, uair.

Top Bottom