• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

dedede on battlefield?

slickmasterizzy

Smash Apprentice
i have a question for dealing with king dedede on battlefield. he stands under the left or right lower platform and just nonstop throws crap at me over and over again. i can dodge so much but eventually if i get close to him i get grabbed, and then he chain throws me down over and over before retreating back and throwing stuff at me.

i know that when he throws me i can roll but most of the time it doesnt help all too much.

down B gets dodged then im grabbed.

over B gets interupted by crap hes throwing.

Keotalf

Smash Cadet
I'm having a similar problem with a Pit player. Arrow Spam is annoying, and often times impossible to overcome, especially when they sporadicly switch between spamming u-smash/u-air. Their switching between the two is what makes it so difficult to approach, because when using the platforms to advance, he simply switches to u-smash/u-air.

null84

Smash Cadet
I'm having a similar problem with a Pit player. Arrow Spam is annoying, and often times impossible to overcome, especially when they sporadicly switch between spamming u-smash/u-air. Their switching between the two is what makes it so difficult to approach, because when using the platforms to advance, he simply switches to u-smash/u-air.
agree... all i can do is roll or doge.

Ganny

Smash Journeyman
Ok, against Dedede you just need to get up close (of course there is always the danger of the chain grab). Just use the b over a combo on him to do some quick damage. Test to see if the B down will plow through the wattle dees, it might since it goes through characters. You NEED to approach from the ground. You can dodge attacks (not roll dodge) to stay in the same place and continue on your trek also.

As for pit spamming, just walk into the arrows if he is close to you, thats if you think you are more skilled than him though. If not just try rolling and dodging, not much you can do. Watch for his side b attack since it can do massive damage if it catches you. Thunder storming might be in order here

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
Dedede is a very annoying fight, and will take alot of time to approach him while he's spamming waddle dees, and yes it is true what you mention it does take away ganons down b and forward b. This match up I try to implement mind games with forward B + combo since thats where i get most of my dmg, and spike dedede whenever you get a chance whens he off stage. And the other idea I can suggest is try to make him approach you so he can fall into a forward B. It is a very long annoying fight...patience is key big time since there is no other option from what I've experienced.

Top Bottom