• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dedede is the happiest bad guy

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
ya, he's a misguided king. He's not evil at all, and sometimes in the Kirby games he's actually possessed or something. He doesn't seem to understand some basic things about right and wrong, so it's not like he knows whats wrong and chooses to do it. And he is a penguin, and i think he's cute:D. he's not really a bad guy either, he's just an antagonist to kirby usually. Also its cus the Kirby games have a cute style/mood.

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
I don't know that I'd call him a "bad" guy. He's just misguided.
thats how he is always defined.
he helps kirby in alot of the games, and is an ally sometimes.
(in kirby 64 you can ride on his back)
but alot of times, he doesnt really care if your in his way to the goal.
hes a materialistic king, with no right to the throne.
if anything hes more of a bully, but he doesnt seem to care about purposely making pain
and i think he is like this in SSE, it ties into the story somehow.

nobody spoil this if you know

Plasmaexe

Smash Apprentice
So he's a slow in the head penguin that doesn't know what he wants to do. And changes his opinions on whether or not he wants Kirby dead. Weird.
He mechanically customized his Hammer so he can't be slow in the head >_<. I think misguided fits him perfectly though. Rather hard to understand I must say <_<.

EToaster

Smash Apprentice
He's greedy, self-centered, and has a tendency to get possessed, but he's not evil. He often tries to protect Dreamland, but his actions are misunderstood, so Kirby comes after him. For example, in Kirby's Adventure, he stole the Dream Rod to keep Nightmare from getting it, but in doing so prevented the people of Dreamland from having dreams.

This seems to be a common problem in Dreamland. If they would just talk to each other, a lot of problems could probably be avoided. :p

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't say Dedede is completely evil, just a complete arrogant tyrant. An antagonist in a series doesn't make the person a "bad" guy automatically. In literary terms, an antagonist is basically someone who is against the protagonist. A good example of my point would be the relation between Shadow and Sonic. Shadow the Hedgehog may consider to be an antagonist of Sonic but yet in some terms, Shadow may be against the bad guy (Dr. Eggman). In another scenario in Tekken 6, Kazuya and Heihachi may consider to be Jin's antagonists but yet Jin is really the bad guy.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
This msg is spoilerized (sry i cant find the exact color of the background of this forum, or may be there isnt... so ill just put a big space b4 the spoiler part comes), the spoilers are black colored, since thegreatdekutree and may be others may not want to be spoiled of the story in SSE. The black info is just about DDD in SSE and my opinion and why i think that he is a good/bad guy in SSE.

In SSE, some things are sorta vague (or maybe cus i looked at scenes out of order) but i had some trouble deciding what this guy is trying to do, and that stuff. But in trophy descriptions it clears it up more, which is good.

WARNING WARNING SPOILER PART BELOW!!

In SSE, i thought Dedede was a bad guy since he turned Luigi into a trophy. But i didnt realize that he didnt use a trophy gun! my friend noticed this tho. I thought that dedede,wario,ganondorf,and bowser were sorta competing to see who gets the most trophys cus the ancient minister would award them or something, and i thought thats may be why DDD is stealing wario's trophies. but in tabuu's trophy description, (im not sure if its tabuu wings or just tabuu trophy), it says that DDD puts a revive thing (the gold badge thing) onto ablebodied characters because he knows that tabuu was gonna wipe them out, so after a certain amount of time (or may be it triggers after tabuu attacks), it revives the characters. So, dedede actually did a good thing. But i guess doing this also shows his misguided sort of self, cus he turns luigi into a trophy without warning... then again i dont think it would really matter... lol, again its like miscommunication like som1 above me said. but, ya DDD is considered (i would consider him) as a good guy, may be a neutral guy but definitly not a bad guy unless if i missed a scene

GA Peach

Smash Lord
dedede's main schtick throughout all of the kirby games he's in is that he's not really evil, just extremely greedy. like in kirby's dream land, when he stole all of the food in dream land. he's the coolest, greediest, fattest penguin ever.

Top Bottom