• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dedede Inhale

Waddle_Doo

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I discovered something kinda cool while wating in the online practice stage one time. When I threw a Waddle Dee/Doo next to the sandbag, and then sucked it up, the pull from the inhaling caused the sandbag to get shot across the stage. I tested this on actual characters, and it seems to work.

I don't know if this could somehow be implemented into competitive play. I don't know. Heck, I dont' know what half of the abbreviations you guys use mean! So, yeah...

Oh, and if this is old, just don't rub it in, okay?

Kresent

Smash Cadet
DeDeDe's Inhale has the windbox behind him. I think that Kirby's does too, but anyway. . .

If you were to Inhale the Waddle, like you did, the Sandbag would still be pulled towards you. But since the Waddle took the effect of the Inhale, the Sandbag has no where to go but behind DeDeDe. The momentum of the windbox just causes the Sandbag to slide across the screen.

There is a pretty cool glitch with Ike concerning this.
If you Inhale Ike's Quick Draw, then the windbox will pull Ike past DeDeDe, even though Ike should have stopped. While DeDeDe will still get hit, if you are at the corner of a stage, Ike will be pulled off the stage, in a state that does not allow him to recover.

Tokerella

Smash Apprentice
knew about ike but i didnt know you could shoot toons across lvls by sucking in your own goons.. cant wait to get off work and test it :)

Kresent

Smash Cadet
The most enjoyable thing about the Inhale is attempting a Swallowcide while a Wolf or someone of the like is near the edge, but instead of Inhaling them, you stop the inhale before they are sucked up and the windbox pulls them far off the stage, and before they realize it, they are too far for their recovery to help them.

I actually have a replay on a Wolf where that happened. It was very funny.

Waddle_Doo

Smash Cadet
The most enjoyable thing about the Inhale is attempting a Swallowcide while a Wolf or someone of the like is near the edge, but instead of Inhaling them, you stop the inhale before they are sucked up and the windbox pulls them far off the stage, and before they realize it, they are too far for their recovery to help them.

I actually have a replay on a Wolf where that happened. It was very funny.
Ha, that's sounds hilarious! You should see if you can upload it. =P

R!S3

Smash Apprentice
ive done inhale kills using my own team mate before

after u kill one of the opponents...

its 2v1...

suck up ur buddy

aim...

fire

kills at 130% on wolf

:)

Top Bottom