• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dedede in PAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
In my very brief experience with Dedede with the PAL version of Brawl I've found that he is able to do most of what he can in JPN/NTSC.

I dunno about Chaingrabbing, maybe it was just me, but it seemed a little different. Otherwise I could chain grab just as normal, and it was something I wanted to confirm for myself after hearing rumours about PAL dedede.

I'd have to sit down and compare, but it seemed like Dedede gets more traction, rather than sliding a little during the dash -> Shield grab part of his chainthrow. I just wanted to see if anybody could confirm/deny any changes to the penguin for PAL.

As far as I'm concerned, I can still Chainthrow with relative ease, so I'd give him the all clear.

Edit:
Although, I guess the Aussies get Brawl before Europe lol. Either way this thread is here for when you guys do see for yourselves. I don't *think* there's any change in the chainthrow physics (IE those belonging to the d-throw and chase to regrab).

I guess what I should be asking is: "Is there any evidence to support the rumour that Dedede's chainthrow was nerfed?" Because so far I can't find any.

Demon_Fox

Smash Apprentice
As Brawl is even more global than Melee, it wouldn't make too much sense for Nintendo to change the game and not release a patch or something in the NTSC region. So basically I think nothing has changed and I didn't feel any difference either.

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
If stuff like the chaingrab and tripping were taken out of the game in Europe only, and not in the North American or Japanese release it'd get a lot of bad blood.

If the game recieved patches and DC maybe it'd be different but we all know Nintendo's stance on stuff like that.

andysfile

Smash Cadet
I trip all the time - trying to get hammers, before a dash attack and before a killer smash mostly :p I have PAL.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
There is no difference at all between versions except for languages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom