• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dedede Fake-out...?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I was playing a friend when he did his Up B and as fast as possible, he cancelled it. This really freaked me out, and then I started looking into it.

You do this by using Up B on the ground and as fast as possible, canceling it by using down. I didn't find any offensive capabilities for it, but if your enemy is a good distance away you can use it to grab on an edge.

But, since he doesn't get any knockback (when hit) while performing the initial jumping into the air part, it could be used to absorb fairs with slower characters, like Ike. You fall to the ground just as you would if you cancelled the recovery high up, you just fall down(you can fast fall to make it faster, and I think you get back up.

(I forget, do you stay on the ground in a way where you can roll?)

You also can move a small distance when doing this. (DI)

It looks kind of neat too, and when I tried it on a computer they jumped up and down right next to me. :laugh:

Yeah alright I feel like a idiot now but thanks anyways guys. Sorry. :ohwell:

Evelgest

Smash Apprentice
This is used to recover. If you're hit wide and your jumps can't get you to the ledge or on the stage, hit UpB and cancel it to grab the edge. Should be something every D3 player learns. Learn how to do it quickly.
NakedDeDeDe said:
You also can move a small distance when doing this. (If you tilt the control stick in the left or right position when starting the jump)
AKA DI

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
why would u want to take the hit instead of just idk. move away and not get hit. using up+B to fake out - fail

Psychotic Penguin

Smash Cadet
I do this a lot. Do any of know if you can dodge when you cancel it seems like I have dodged an attack but I don't know for sure?

M4Dd0g

Smash Rookie
ddd's up b naturally has super armor for a good portion of it, so if you get hit right before the cancel, then you should take the damage but not be moved.

Its The Jinks

Smash Cadet
why would u want to take the hit instead of just idk. move away and not get hit. using up+B to fake out - fail
ddd's up b naturally has super armor for a good portion of it, so if you get hit right before the cancel, then you should take the damage but not be moved.
agreed unless u believe u can use it as mindgames i just find that way of use of the upb is pointless in a competetive match

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
if it would be used competatively, it would be because of the super armor. after the initial animation, the entire vertical upward is Super armor until the peak. if you an opponent likes to edgegaurd from the air, then you could drop a little, and do it, and at least go through the attack. but, very situational.

Top Bottom