• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DeDeDe can use his Final Smash even in a competitive no items match.

xS A M U R A Ix

Smash Ace
So I was playing a 1v1 match with my friend today and we had ALL ITEMS turned off. I'm sure you're all aware that he can sometimes throw capsules and stuff when he does this, but get this. I went to do a waddle dee toss and DeDeDe threw A SMASH BALL. We were both kind of stunned, and in the surprise, I ran up and grabbed it and immediately went to town with the waddle dee army. It's so awesome.

I wonder what the chances of throwing one are though? I've played dedede a lot and only seen it happen once, and I've never heard anyone else mention it before.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
R-really? That's insane! Thankfully De3 doesn't have that amazing of a final smash so it isn't game break but still that's a fairly amazing find, any chance you saved it?

xS A M U R A Ix

Smash Ace
Sadly no, we weren't recording or anything, but it definitely happened, and we were both really surprised. It's still fair though because the opponent can get it too. It's just....wow. He can actually do that? lol

WarxePB

Smash Ace
There's a difference between putting the frequency to None and turning the items off. Even if the freq is none, Dedede can still throw items if they're turned on.

Case in point: Me and a friend were just trying stuff - I was Dedede, he was Marth. The only item I had on was Sandbag on Low (to get stickers and CDs and such). I must've used Waddle Dee Toss at least 100 times, and not once did I get any sort of item - not a capsule or a Smashball or anything.

Of course, the odds could be something like 1/1000, and I just didn't get lucky. But I highly doubt that Sakurai would do something like that - it would make Dedede even more cheap than he is already.

S2026

Smash Rookie
Yes. This is actually very annoying. During online play if your friend has it set to none... items will still spawn from time to time.

aeota

Smash Cadet
There's a difference between putting the frequency to None and turning the items off. Even if the freq is none, Dedede can still throw items if they're turned on.
QFT

Its still fair, even if you throw a smash ball. Its not like DDD gets it instantly.. and he's relatively slow.

cloudz

Smash Journeyman

Case in point: Me and a friend were just trying stuff - I was Dedede, he was Marth. The only item I had on was Sandbag on Low (to get stickers and CDs and such). I must've used Waddle Dee Toss at least 100 times, and not once did I get any sort of item - not a capsule or a Smashball or anything.

Of course, the odds could be something like 1/1000, and I just didn't get lucky. But I highly doubt that Sakurai would do something like that - it would make Dedede even more cheap than he is already.

DEDEDE IS NOT CHEAP!!!!! FOOL

CO18

Smash Hero
HE CANNOT DO THIS!
Odds arent that low when you have items set to "none" which is what you guys have.

When Items are set to "All Off". He cannot throw any items.
Why do people keep bringing this up...

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I highly doubt it, CO18, I always play without items, and I've thrown Pokéballs, Capsules, every part of the Dragoon and Smashballs ^^ But that doesn't make Dedede cheap, your opponent can grab those items after you throw them.

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
Hm, interesting, I've thrown capsules twice now that contained kirby universe items, so I thought his item throwing was limited to those for the sake of style (threw one that dropped a warp star and star rod, and one dropped a dragoon part). I do have item frequency on none but not all items turned off however so I can't really say one way or another if it's affected by that. Though some people seem extremely adamant that it cannot happen with all items individually turned off, so I'll just assume they are right. ;_;

limitbreak

Smash Ace
You have to turn the items OFF. Not set the frequency to none. Make sure you turn every item OFF individually. After that, no more smash balls.

S2026

Smash Rookie
Theres a problem if your playing online and the other person doesn't have items set to off. I wish somehow everyone would turn them off.

Vulcan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SaberVulcan
I played my buddy with my D3, all items off, and I threw 2 capsules both containing smash balls. It hasnt happened since then, we were both on Ventrilo when it happened (online game) And were like "Wtf" both times it happened.
Good times.

Nope

Smash Lord
I have also thrown parts of the dragoon with items off and frequency set to none, it seems a lot like the odds of peach pulling a beam sword out in Melee

mcnichoj

Smash Apprentice
I got it with EVERYTHING off.
Also obtained items with Peach with everything off, not a Smash Ball though.

Vayseth

Smash Master
NO. If you have EVERY ITEM TURNED OFF AND THEY ARE SET TO NONE HE CANNOT PULL ITEMS OUT.

What is this, the 7th thread about this? You cannot, will never, pull out items, with everything turned off and items set to none. BOTH are crucial. It is not the same if you just have "none".

Peach is different. She pulls bombs and swords and always had, with items off.

PwnageLlama

Smash Cadet
Crap.
I just created a thread to the same effect.

A D3 CPU pulled out a Smash Ball on final destination with all items off.

Thamoo

Smash Rookie
I actually pulled two in the same online game lol (3 man FFA final D no items)

Like 20 seconds intervals, everyone was kinda confused ._.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I literally just found this out. I was playing as Dedede against a Pit, and I went to throw a Waddle at him and basically threw him a Golden Hammer to use on me. I think it's more of a drawback then anything else. It's not like Peach's down B, where you can pull bombs and beam swords to use on your opponent. Dedede throws the items to the other person, so odds are they get it and use it before you can.

dan smith

Smash Champion
If you haven't figured out that Dedede can't pull items with items turned off, as many people have already stated, in THIS VERY THREAD, then you must be a complete and utter moron.

Is there already a sticky about this? There should be, and the title should say it all.

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
I dunno, personally I've never thrown any items with it set to "off", have with it set to "none", but there seems to be alot of people in this thread saying that they had both off and none set and yet still throw items. It's just a bit strange after you guys have said over and over that its impossible, yet theyre saying they have the same setting as you guys that say its impossible. But whatever, I'll believe it if i see it.

supercake

Smash Apprentice
ok i think according to my calculations ddd has a 1/7800 chance of throwing out a smashball can anyone confirm?

Top Bottom