• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dedede as a Heavy character?

DarkDeoxys26

Smash Apprentice
Wouldn't you expect Dedede to be a light character? Sure, he's big... but he can puff up and float like Kirby(assuming). HAve you ever thought about this?

T-major

Smash Champion
most likely he would be heavy, even if he can float. being able to Float is caused by him inhaling a lot of air to inflate himself like a balloon, which gives him lift. it still makes sense for him to be a heavy character; or at the very least a medium-heavy weight.

also, did you make that thing in you signature?

DarkDeoxys26

Smash Apprentice
I know he IS a heavyweight... I'm just thinking it would be more suitable(IMO) for him to be light weight.

And isn't a 747 a plane? Compared to a penguin, being a bird, I was expecting he would be lighter, and floatier like Kirby.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
I guess his weight comes partly from his gigantic hammer. I'm just excited that there are more heavyweights.
Let's add up the weight mechanics.

Hammer.

Robes.

Essence of Awesome.

Add that he's an overweight penguin (really, REALLY overweight), and you got a character that would make Bowser cry.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Mewto is one of the more heavy characters in Melee you know, but due to his floatiness he flies very far, same for Dedede, with that big belly of his he's bound to float around all the time...

Banned via Administration
Mewto is one of the more heavy characters in Melee you know, but due to his floatiness he flies very far, same for Dedede, with that big belly of his he's bound to float around all the time...
thats a very stupid and uninformed statement.

mewtwo is heavy. weight determines horizontal knockback. how HIGH you get hit up is determined by a formula involving your weight and fall speed. because he is so floaty he dies off the top relatively quickly.

dedede will likely be similar except will prob fall faster so it will be harder to ko him off the top than mew2

PSandNintendFreak

Smash Rookie
Well....he´s blue....like Sonic.....but that doesn´t mean he´s like Sonic;)

Sonic = Fast and good "combo attacks" but weak and.......light....very light
Dedede = Strong and heavy.....but slow and I think he´ll have not many "combo attacks"

Means: he´s a heavyweight.....well maybe not Dedede himself.....but his hammer is heavy.....I wouldn´t want to carry a wodden mech jet hammer which is as big as I am

Cranberry Rogue

Smash Journeyman
Nah. Dedede is a fatty. Plus, with that hammer (now with powered up pwnage-missiles within), I wouldn't really expect him to be anything other than heavy, which is good, since there is a serious lack of heavyweights.

I like how we're finally getting a heavyweight with a ranged attack!

Banned via Administration
Nah. Dedede is a fatty. Plus, with that hammer (now with powered up pwnage-missiles within), I wouldn't really expect him to be anything other than heavy, which is good, since there is a serious lack of heavyweights.

I like how we're finally getting a heavyweight with a ranged attack!
wtf? ganon had great range and bowser range was very decent. dk's range was good too.

Keto

Smash Journeyman
wtf? ganon had great range and bowser range was very decent. dk's range was good too.
I think what he meant was King Dedede is the first heavyweight to have a projectile, you know, Waddle Dee.

KingDedede2

Smash Cadet
Let's add up the weight mechanics.

Hammer.

Robes.

Essence of Awesome.

Add that he's an overweight penguin (really, REALLY overweight), and you got a character that would make Bowser cry.
exactly he is awsome...... aswomeness weighs alot trust me i know :laugh:

Top Bottom