• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DED unclank-able?

McSlur

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if this has already been answered, but I can't figure this out...

I know Roy's DED are unclankable, so you cannot break projectiles with them. However, I was playing a Toon Link (over Netplay) and he short hopped into the air. While he was there, he let fly an arrow. I (as Roy) was still on the ground, on the second swipe of DED. Just as the arrow would have landed on Roy's feet, I did the third swipe of DED down, so >>v.
And the arrow clanked and disappeared, but Roy stayed in the endlag of DED.

Did the attack do enough damage to destroy the arrow? Am I overanalyzing this?

Azureflames

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0132-7109-3630
I dont know for sure, but the third hit probably has some active frames where it can clank if that was the case. Either way trying to time the third hit with a clank on purpose doesnt seem reliable or worth trying to utilize imo.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
look in the frame data thread, the third hit down can clank. could be useful to defend against opponents that roll away and try to punish you, or if you totally missed and can vary between ending after a hit or two, and going through a longer sequence of DED.

Top Bottom