• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Decloning idea: Custom Moves

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Frankly the two Pits are so similar you'd have a more unique game play experience with using Pit's cutsom moves than changing between them so if customs don't return why not cut out the middle man and give either Pit one of their customs as the default?

Here's the full list from Smash Wiki

Neutral specialDefaultPalutena's Bow3.3-8.6%Pit shoots a bluish-white arrow that can be curved in any direction. Can be aimed to the sides and up while charging.
Custom 1Piercing Bow5.1-11.7%Pit unleashes a bigger and stronger arrow that bypasses his rivals. This arrow is slower, has less range, and cannot be angled.
Custom 2Guiding Bow2.1-6%Pit fires an arrow that stays onscreen longer, has greater range, and can be curved to the point of two complete circles, but is weaker.
Side specialDefaultUpperdash Arm11% (ground), 9% (air)Pit brings out his Upperdash Arm and dashes forward, delivering a swift uppercut to anyone in his way. It also deflects projectiles at a roughly 45 degree angle.
Custom 1Interception Arm13% (ground), 11% (air)Pit enters a defensive stance with the Upperdash Arm, countering opponents who attack him and/or get too close. No dash, but has higher knockback and speed in exchange.
Custom 2Quickdash Arm9% (ground), 7% (air)Pit dashes quicker and further, but slides a bit when attacking and the uppercut itself is weaker.
Up specialDefaultPower of Flight0%Using Palutena's Power of Flight, Pit soars into the air. The flight's direction can be altered in any way except downwards.
Custom 1Striking Flight9% (clean), 6% (late)Pit utilizes a more focused flight that inflicts damage at the start and ascent. Longer startup and less range.
Custom 2Breezy Flight0%A tornado envelops Pit as he takes off. The tornado pushes away foes in the opposite direction of the flight, and limits the range of it.
Down specialDefaultGuardian Orbitars1.5x damage (reflected projectiles)Pit sends out his Guardian Orbitars which create twin energy shields that protect his front and back. These shields reflect projectiles with 50% more power and 70% more speed than they originally had. They also block melee attacks but can break with enough damage, requiring 10 seconds to regenerate. Additionally, they push back foes who touch it.
Custom 1Impact Orbitars5%Pit attacks with Orbitars that have damaging shields which knock opponents back. In return, they don't reflect projectiles nor block physical strikes. This does mean, however, that they cannot break.
Custom 2Amplifying Orbitars2x damage (reflected projectiles)Pit utilizes stronger Orbitars that have more fragile shields but power up reflected shots to double their strength and speed.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Frankly the two Pits are so similar you'd have a more unique game play experience with using Pit's cutsom moves than changing between them so if customs don't return why not cut out the middle man and give either Pit one of their customs as the default?

Here's the full list from Smash Wiki

Neutral specialDefaultPalutena's Bow3.3-8.6%Pit shoots a bluish-white arrow that can be curved in any direction. Can be aimed to the sides and up while charging.
Custom 1Piercing Bow5.1-11.7%Pit unleashes a bigger and stronger arrow that bypasses his rivals. This arrow is slower, has less range, and cannot be angled.
Custom 2Guiding Bow2.1-6%Pit fires an arrow that stays onscreen longer, has greater range, and can be curved to the point of two complete circles, but is weaker.
Side specialDefaultUpperdash Arm11% (ground), 9% (air)Pit brings out his Upperdash Arm and dashes forward, delivering a swift uppercut to anyone in his way. It also deflects projectiles at a roughly 45 degree angle.
Custom 1Interception Arm13% (ground), 11% (air)Pit enters a defensive stance with the Upperdash Arm, countering opponents who attack him and/or get too close. No dash, but has higher knockback and speed in exchange.
Custom 2Quickdash Arm9% (ground), 7% (air)Pit dashes quicker and further, but slides a bit when attacking and the uppercut itself is weaker.
Up specialDefaultPower of Flight0%Using Palutena's Power of Flight, Pit soars into the air. The flight's direction can be altered in any way except downwards.
Custom 1Striking Flight9% (clean), 6% (late)Pit utilizes a more focused flight that inflicts damage at the start and ascent. Longer startup and less range.
Custom 2Breezy Flight0%A tornado envelops Pit as he takes off. The tornado pushes away foes in the opposite direction of the flight, and limits the range of it.
Down specialDefaultGuardian Orbitars1.5x damage (reflected projectiles)Pit sends out his Guardian Orbitars which create twin energy shields that protect his front and back. These shields reflect projectiles with 50% more power and 70% more speed than they originally had. They also block melee attacks but can break with enough damage, requiring 10 seconds to regenerate. Additionally, they push back foes who touch it.
Custom 1Impact Orbitars5%Pit attacks with Orbitars that have damaging shields which knock opponents back. In return, they don't reflect projectiles nor block physical strikes. This does mean, however, that they cannot break.
Custom 2Amplifying Orbitars2x damage (reflected projectiles)Pit utilizes stronger Orbitars that have more fragile shields but power up reflected shots to double their strength and speed.
I'd be for it if customs were on by default.

But as it stands, you wouldn't be able to use Dark Pit outside of customs.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'd be for it if customs were on by default.

But as it stands, you wouldn't be able to use Dark Pit outside of customs.
You don't understand, under this sytem the customs would be the other character's defaults, ergo, legal. I should have mentioned this as a sequel idea rather than a Smash 4 thing

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Which customs would go to which? I'm thinking of giving Dark Pit a more aggressive edge by giving him the damaging variant of the flight move and piercing arrow. The side special can be kept as is and he reflector, combine the default state with Impact Orbitars by having them reflect and do damage but with a smaller mutilpier.

1FC0

Smash Lord
I want R.O.B. to have a clone like Edgy Pit too! Why can R.O.B. not have a clone? R.O.B. is the only playable character who has never had a official stage from his series in Smash! The Robot series also has way too few trophies on the 3DS! In fact, the Robot series has the least amount of trophies on the 3DS of all the series that are represented by a playable character ! Also there are no spawnable items nor Smash Run enemies from R.O.B.'s series. I am just lucky that at least R.O.B. can produce an item from his series himself since R.O.B. is great, but the R.O.B. series definitely need more representation.

So here is what kind of representation from the robot series Smash needs more of according to me:
- Stages
- Smash Run enemies
- Items
- Characters
- Trophies

Also Diffusion Beam was the only FS from SSBB that has not been mentioned on the Dojo and R.O.B. did not get a trailer for SSBB or Smash4! In SSBB they did not even bothered to give him a fall special animation making him the only character in SSBB to not have a fall special animation. Why is that? Sonic could never enter fallspecial without hacking either but he got one. At least Pacman forced the developers to give R.O.B. his very own fallspecial animation this time around.

Last edited:

Rebel13

Banned via Warnings
@ 1FC0 1FC0 Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't R.O.B. created in Brawl? If he was in any games before that I'd be surprised. Be lucky he's in the game at all.

Also I think having a specific custom moveset for dark pit would make sense, kinda decloning them within the game. Lucina would need the same treatment though, to have this make sense...
(yes yes she has a different sword, and by different I mean worse :( )

Edit: Thanks mate. Didn't know he had his own game. Might have to check it out.

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't R.O.B. created in Brawl? If he was in any games before that I'd be surprised. Be lucky he's in the game at all.
WHAT DID YOU SAY ?!?!??!!

R.O.B. has his very own series with his very own games where players could use him as a peripheral to help Professor Hector who BTW should totally also be in Smash as a playable character along with Professor Vector who is also from the Robot series and should be Hector's clone! R.O.B. is NOT created for SSBB. His series started on the NES in 1985 about 23 years before SSBB!

In addition to that he was playable in Mario Kart DS!

So pay the robot some respect!

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Why are we talking about Rob on a Pit (Dark and White Chocolate varieties) thread?

1FC0

Smash Lord
Why are we talking about Rob on a Pit (Dark and White Chocolate varieties) thread?
This topic is about decloning Edgy Pit which reminded me of the fact that I want to have a R.O.B. clone in Smash that is to R.O.B. what Edgy Pit is to Pit.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Drop all discussion or R.O.B.

This is not the place for R.O.B. discussion. Plain and simple.

Top Bottom