• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death Note Mafia - Post-Game

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'm not sure what you mean.
Say Light, Misa, Soichiro with a Death Note, and four townie members within the KIT remained in the game. One of the members of the KIT dies from having been written in the notebook. Now it is three pro-kira alignment players versus three anti-kira alignment players, therefore parity has been achieved, correct? So Soichiro, who still hates Kira (win-condition), endgames his fellow KIT members simply because he possesses a Death Note. The separation between alignment and win-condition creates this awkward possibility that makes a character contradict himself in endgame, unless he doesn't, in which case it makes no sense that Kira achieved victory.

Last edited:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I believe in the extremest open-information circumstance, the earliest each side could win was Day 3. In a realistic, active, well-played circumstance, Town could win by D4 and scum D4-D5.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Say Light, Misa, Soichiro with a Death Note, and four townie members within the KIT remained in the game. One of the members of the KIT dies from having been written in the notebook. Now it is three pro-kira alignment players versus three anti-kira alignment players, therefore parity has been achieved, correct? So Soichiro, who still hates Kira, endgames his fellow KIT members simply because he possesses a Death Note. The separation between alignment and win-condition creates this awkward possibility that makes a character contradict himself in endgame.
Yes, that is correct.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Ok, then our reading of the morbid composer ability was essentially correct and that's a major part of the reason why it seems like such a paradoxically ridiculous situation for him to be a morbid composer.

Last edited:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Ok, then our reading of the morbid composer ability was essentially correct and that's a major part of the reason why it seems like such a paradoxically ridiculous situation for him to be a morbid composer.
Perhaps. To me it just seems like those that led a bad mislynch need an excuse to maintain their esteem.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I would definitely not give Yagami MC if I were to redo this though, because there are still a lot of good points.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990

Light, we have to stop Kira... it's my win-co-- er I mean my passion to do so.. we don't have too much time. We must stop this evil!

No dad what are you saying! If you join us real quick, we'd have parity and Kira would become God!

.............All hail Kira lmao.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Holder you're just really not understanding it from a mafia game stand point haha. The fact that they are not converted is precisely why I worded it in the way I did as "treated". Which I'm pretty sure is often used for functions like this.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Wish we could be using this energy for an actual mafia game.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I know, I'm just having fun haha. It's also tough to design a Death Note game in my opinion, I've always wanted to do so with my buddies here but I was never satisfied with how to do it.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
The Smash 4 Community Hangout is the group name.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I know, I'm just having fun haha. It's also tough to design a Death Note game in my opinion, I've always wanted to do so with my buddies here but I was never satisfied with how to do it.
No I'm not dissaproving, i'm just bored. :p Carry on.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I laughed at the yagami post btw haha

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
All of you would be frustrated as all hell playing there haha. I myself am somewhere awkwardly in the middle of what happens here and what happens there, so I stick to the games that seem the most promising. For example I'm skipping out on the next one, but the one after that will have an Ace Attorney theme, so I'm checking that out hoping to role Godot. :laugh:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Ah that's the one that I made up!

...It's probably better that the threads there cannot be read by those not within. There hasn't been a game with more role madness and unbalanced game mechanics than that one for sure haha. My excuse is that it was largely experimental.

And yes they know you all exist, we've discussed this area before and we play the game for more casual fun and because we all know each other more-or-less. The game comes second there, basically.

Last edited:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Wish we could be using this energy for an actual mafia game.
Hmmmm, I wonder whose in this discussion? Myself and holder,

edit: Who were two very active players? Myself and holder! It's almost like we did! :p

Holder you're just really not understanding it from a mafia game stand point haha. The fact that they are not converted is precisely why I worded it in the way I did as "treated". Which I'm pretty sure is often used for functions like this.
There are various ways of being "treated" in mafia games, alignment, wincons, investigative, all are possibilities. That said without any modifiers, treated implies that they're being treated in every way.

Perhaps. To me it just seems like those that led a bad mislynch need an excuse to maintain their esteem.
:p

Meh, at this point it's more annoyance you butchered the flavor.

I don't really feel comfortable reading him atm so at best he was in the "people I'm unsure about and should die for process of elimination". Not like I had any material for the only player I actually hated at that point.

Last edited:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Possible rough outline of 13-man Death Note Set Up:

Light - Serial Killer Mason Lover [Safe Claim: Raye Penber FBI Agent (SK or not SK) Lover]
Misa - Role Cop Mason Lover [Safe Claim: Naomi Misora: Mason Lover]
Rod Ross - God Father [Wedy - VT]
Mello - Investigative and or Userper [Near - Back Up]
Jack Nylon - Goon [Ide - VT]
L - Cop (Mafia/Not Mafia)
Watari - VT
Chief Yagami - VT
Matsuda - VT
Aizawa, - VT
Mogi - VT
Ukita - VT
Aiber - VT