• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death combo with Ness (Video)

SphyreYui

Smash Rookie
Here are a couple videos with a Ness combo that I have been doing recently that has some good results and can actually get a 0-death kill. Basically just deal a little damage at first either PK Fire or get in a couple neutral airs then go into down throw to fair to fair to PK Thundering into them. When you PK Thunder into them you have to read which way they are going to recover usually during the match you can estimate whether they like to go high or low. I would say it has medium to high risk for high reward. This first video I SD and get way behind in the match and what made me win the match was the death combo, it can really help out when your desperate for a kill. The combo comes in around the 1:46 mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Py65VVI4CU The second video was just showing off the combo again the combo starts around 1 min. into the vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDPpKhbgzWk&feature=youtu.be

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
That's a reeeaaaaaally risky combo to be going for there. If you don't hit them, you probably won't make it back to the stage. The hardest thing however, I think is to handle people who just air dodge without double jumping. In that case, you'd have to aim PKT2 down to hit them, and if you miss you're dead.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
This is not a true combo lol

Just a VERY risky gimmick

Last edited:

SphyreYui

Smash Rookie
That's a reeeaaaaaally risky combo to be going for there. If you don't hit them, you probably won't make it back to the stage. The hardest thing however, I think is to handle people who just air dodge without double jumping. In that case, you'd have to aim PKT2 down to hit them, and if you miss you're dead.
Yep I agree, I only do it if i'm desperate or if i'm confident. I usually wont try this immediately. Before I attempt it I always try to see what the opponent is doing when they are coming back to the stage. If they mix it up i'm sure i wouldn't try it since they'll be to unpredictable but if they always go high then I will go for it sometimes if i'm feeling confident or have a life to spare.

SphyreYui

Smash Rookie
This is not a true combo lol

Just a VERY risky gimmick
I never stated it was a true combo however if it works and people fall for it i'll go for it. I'm sure I won't be using it that much at Paragon though. haha

Uffe

Smash Hero
The last PKT2 in the first video is the one I normally go for if I can. The one in the second video was kind of dangerous in comparison because PKT only goes through the opponents at the start up.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Really risky business, and is by no means a True Combo, but it's always funny when it does hit :)

I find people tend to Air Dodge a lot at the very sight of PSI Thunder, in which case I'll usually use it to bait the Air Dodge only for them to realise that I looped it in a different direction and changed its course to hit them when they come back out of the dodge, this gets most people at least a few times, but sometimes it's too late by the time they adapt back and get screwed off stage by it somehow. It's especially funny when you hit people with it and they bounce off the slant underneath Battlefield and die.

PKT2 though, I'm rarely bold enough to try as an offensive approach. I pretty much only try it in FFA when I feel like an asshole and take advantage of the other fights going on mid-stage, and nail them from the sides when they're not looking, lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom