• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dear Gunner Mains,

anaglyphix

Smash Cadet
NNID
Glyph
3DS FC
3669-0309-2018
It seems like after the EVO experiment, customs might be on the way to being banned. While I personally think it's a smart move, this also means that most TOs are going to either Ban Mii fighters, or limit them to a 1111, or 1111/2222/3333 moveset(s). I hate that. The mii fighters were not created with a specific moveset in mind, and if that moveset did exist, it would DEFINITELY not correspond with the numbers above.

My Question is simple: If you could only have one moveset for Mii Gunner, what would it be?
(assuming we use the standard gunner mii)

By making a Standard moveset for each Mii Fighter, TOs can have just one mii fighter of each type on on all consoles, that was determined to be best suited for that character, that can act as a standard character without variation in moveset, size, etc.

Well? What do you say?

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
It's not exactly the problem of it being 1111, but rather the forced size. So I'm personally thinking the best available option would be a small size (either 1/4 or 0) and thin, while the moveset is 3112.

To support my argument, the grenades are arguably Gunner's best B move, being that they have not one, not two, but three opportunities to B-Reverse and add some trickery. The same goes for his SIde-B, which is great for ledge pressure and can stop approaches, alongside being one of the only moves to have a ledge cancel. The first up-b is incredibly reliable and can do some minor damage if used wisely from above, even if it's not very safe. The Bomb projectile as his Down-B can help mix-up approaches and help you give some shield pressure, too.

But, yeah, that's just me.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I would be stuck between 3112 and 3122.

Recovery vs good kill options for me.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
3132 is my personal favorite with 1/4 height and 0 weight .

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
3322 is my preferred set personally.

Default special should probably be 1 or 3. They're pretty even at this point. I personally prefer grenades, but charge shot is also nice.
Side special is also probably 1 or 3. I don't like default at all, but I know some people do.
Recovery could be any. I like having the hitbox above and below me, even if the range isn't that great. 2 for me.
Down special is less of a debate imo. Reflector and Psi have niche-uses, but if we're going with ONE set, having an option that always puts pressure on the opponent is highly preferred.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Personally the most viable and best set for me is

B- Grenade(3)
Side B- Missile(forgot what number it was)
Up B- Default
Down B- Bomb drop

San also showcased how annoying and great this custom set is(he had the uppercut punch, instead of the default up b).

I did use the Mii Gunner 3111 set at Evo to get Top 32 alongside Wii Fit, because the grenades are amazing!!!

I do hope the Mii's can use their other customs at least. I mean Japan allows them to and some places in Europe. Is a aerial afraid of Mii's being viable high tier threats?

Top Bottom