• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dealing with PK Thunder Off Stage

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
I dont know where to put this so I will drop it here haha.

Dealing with PK Thunder when Ness is offstage
Also incs a little tactic of avoiding one of the methods.

Hope you enjoy watching! (might upset some of you Ness mains ;-;)

Last edited:

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Nice video but I think posting it here will not help as many people because we are pretty much all ness mains here.
Maybe this should be posted in a general discussion page of smash 3ds and Wii U

pk_melee

Smash Cadet
I'd like to see a discussion on what small patch changes could be made to make Ness's recovery less insanely gimpable.

The half-distance thing should be patched :/

The big one would be to allow multiple PK Thunder 1s. Only put Ness into freefall after PK Thunder 2. I don't think this would have *too* much impact on the offensive use of PKT1, and would really give Ness a helping hand when it came to gimped recoveries.

Villager, for example. It's *so hard* to pop villager's balloons without also touching the character, which gives them another free Up-B. Whereas half the characters in the cast can mess with PKT1.

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
I'd like to see a discussion on what small patch changes could be made to make Ness's recovery less insanely gimpable.

The half-distance thing should be patched :/

The big one would be to allow multiple PK Thunder 1s. Only put Ness into freefall after PK Thunder 2. I don't think this would have *too* much impact on the offensive use of PKT1, and would really give Ness a helping hand when it came to gimped recoveries.

Villager, for example. It's *so hard* to pop villager's balloons without also touching the character, which gives them another free Up-B. Whereas half the characters in the cast can mess with PKT1.
Its what makes the character balanced. TBH with a good recovery ness would easily make top 5.

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
Still wouldn't be a *good* recovery.
;-; would still be making him P-much top 5/7 if it was harder to gimp, its insanely risky to challenge it as it is.
You main ness right? Its being a bit biased.

EarthBoundEnigma

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EarthBoundEnigma
I think the only change to it should be a change to Gravitational Pull so it only works on objects with mass, instead of energy projectiles.

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
I think the only change to it should be a change to Gravitational Pull so it only works on objects with mass, instead of energy projectiles.
Would kinda make sense tbh... That move has no cool down. It would make sense if it had a cool down/pull box decrease so you can grab ness' pk thunder once and the chance of getting hit by it is P big so ness can up b again but yea... idk lol

Top Bottom