• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dealing with Pit/Dark Pit

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
I personally think Dark Pit is one of - if not the - worst matchups for Jigglypuff. His aerial mobility makes it hard to get strings or WoP, the curve on the arrows makes them hard to deal with (you can't crouch them or simply jump over them), Upperdash's large upward hitbox plus super armor and speed makes it difficult to get close, Orbitars block out most approaches. the main thing though is his disjoint. All of his aerials are disjoints, with large, lasting hitboxes, which make it near impossible to approach, and all his Smashes are quick and multi-hit. The only thing I'd say Jiggly has in favor is Perfect Shield Upperdash -> Rest, but it's situational and won't trick any good Pit player.

What do you guys think?

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
If anything, DP's Matchup is easier since he has less range with Arrows and we have less fear of Ftilt/Electroshock. Much easier to deal with than normal Pit.

That being said, I believe Fair/Pound cancels out the Arrows.

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
Practice ledge guarding. Since they have no hitbox in their recovery, they're easier to ledge-guard. They're also fairly predictable in angles.

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
What I do is find an opertunity for pound, than combo to the ledge with fairs and nairs. Than ledge guard. It's not the best since punishing Pit/Dark Pit is a little difficult, but that's it really. Sometimes I replace the pound with a grab.

billyrubens1

Smash Rookie
When it comes to countering Dark Pit (and Pit) remember to use your grabs. Dark pit is very easy to combo. A lot of DP players will try to arrow spam on edges so make sure to use mid to your advantage.

C4RDIN4L

Hachachacha
NNID
zbot09
3DS FC
3454-1311-6010
Switch FC
SW 4949 5867 3952
really? i think this mu is great for jiggs. if you air dodge his uair or fair it's pretty much a free rest. since it's hard for pit to mix up his approaches, just spot dodge most of everything he does and punish with nair or rest. stage spike him a lot with nair.

Top Bottom