• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

dealing with luigi

hell-dew

Smash Apprentice
So ive been wondering how people deal with this MU. I find it still really hard but i also realized i have no clue how to deal with Mus with villager (hes not my main) is there any vids of people facing luigis with villager or what is a good general gameplan.

i can auto assume camp the crap out of him but wondering how people get around his grab combos/what their anti grab strat is with villager. how do you keep him walled out what stages do you like to face him on

yeah i main pika and i dont really like luigi at all lol

JohnnyB

Smash Journeyman
"How to deal with Luigi?". You don't. He has has to deal with YOU.

It's really just all of the basic Villager/ Luigi stuff. Don't shield fireball, use your lloids and slingshot, gimp him offstage, and don't get grabbed. If you have a rudimentary understanding of how Luigi plays, and your opponent isn't a much better player than you, it shouldn't be a very hard matchup.

hell-dew

Smash Apprentice
ive taken games off him with pika before though its hard as hell to close against luigi though with pika (and im not on that PR anymore dude to A not being around for the last while cause ive been busy and B because ive been trying to get more free time which im gonna be getting a lot more of soon. But poke isnt my main concern i want to not get CP by peoples pocket weegees.

Wonderf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wonderf
3DS FC
5172-2136-8763
I see what you mean, you're Villager is pretty good at the least because I saw you play at EVO (thanks to Dreamm's vlogs)
I think once you get back into the flow, yo will automatically get better at the match-ups.

Last edited:
Top Bottom