• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dealing With Campy Characters/Players

Jayse14

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jayse14
Hey all, I'm wondering how you go about approaching and dealing with campy characters/players? I find myself having a really hard time combating these types of play styles and would love some tips. I often find that they quickly gain control of the stage and then read all of my attempts at approaching. Some characters I can think of in particular are Duck Hunt, Rob, and maybe Lucas. Thanks :)

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Are you power shielding ?
If so what do they do when you keep power shielding? Do they try to throw of your timing or spacing ? How are they setting up their camp game?

There are quite a number of questions you have to ask yourself to figure out how best to proceed.

Starting with one of the basic counters is the walking PS which let's you close...errr inch in on them little by little until they decide to stop and either grab you or run away again.

Some characters with projectile spam don't need to be shielded if you can throw out the right hit boxes at the right times to negate and override them.

Like arrows can be destroyed with zair or tilts, but bombs can not.

Another thing is getting a feel for the projectiles that are hindering you by checking out the character and messing around with them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom