• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD vs. Sheik suggestions

sweetooth

Smash Ace
I haven't really had any problems with matchups so far, but now i need a little help. I have been able to pretty much win big whenever I use DDD, but since my friend started playing sheik the games have been a little too close for comfort. are there any suggestions or tips anyone can share about this match-up?

Frey

Smash Journeyman
When in doubt, throw waddle dees, hopefully you'll hit the shiek with a gordo to throw her offguard, which would allow you to close in on her.

Also you could try ftilting to keep your distance, since it pushes well.

aeota

Smash Cadet
I find lots of waddle's and chaingrabs keep most opponents at a happy medium range. I believe sheik's breakdance has a longer animation than you can sidestep, so only sidestep on her run attacks. I find she flies really far, and I always be sure to use the rocket hammer + jump to land an unexpected hit. Remember, people FEAR the rocket hammer!

sweetooth

Smash Ace
i played him a little bit today. he was trying to needle a lot so i spammed wdees to absorb the needles while i set up my approach. also, cg on sheik doesnt work, (from what i saw) so i came up with a good way of tech chasing/ punishing sheik off of dthrow. also, bair edgeguard works great. guess i just needed time to adjust. thanks dudes... later

Top Bottom