• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD vs. Ike

SaintStrufenha

Smash Rookie
Though their are great and obvious differences between DDD and Ike, I've gotta say their very similar in nature; the heavy slow fighting style is a similarity that is appealing for some but a huge turnoff for others.

But despite that, when these guys hit, they hit hard.

So what is it though, that makes you prefer one over the other? Like I said before, obviously they aren't clones but the feel somewhat alike to me.

To me, DDD just has a bit more of a variety in his attacks then Ike.

really_calm

Smash Journeyman
I was attracted to DDD not only because of the power, but because of his versatility in the air, great recovery, he has a projectile, and chain grabbing is kinda fun

They're really not that similar in my eyes, just the speed. Ike has much more range in general.

Stalfoe

Smash Apprentice
They are not similar. Really, the only thing they have in common is a disjointed hitbox and a powerful forward smash.

Drecker

Smash Ace
They are not similar. Really, the only thing they have in common is a disjointed hitbox and a powerful forward Halo.
They're both big and slow, CLEARLY THE SAME CHARACTER.

Christova

Smash Cadet
:-o trickery.

Dedede has some ability to block projectiles with Waddle Dee Toss that Ike lacks. Ike has some range with that gigantic sword, though. Dedede is faster in the air while Ike is more mobile in the ground and his attacks have a bit more flow.

Nerd_of_the_Ages

Smash Rookie
A big factor in liking D3 for me was chain grabbing. His amazing recovery (awesome distance, super armor, and meteor smash if the opponent is stupid enough? IMO, pure pwnge) calls for some pwnge ledge guarding, and so on so on.

They are not THAT similar, but they do have similarities. For example, speed and weight, good bair, awesome KO potential, etc.

Station

Smash Cadet
I don't main D3 but i suppose i like him because despite being a heavyweight he can move around quite easily in the air. He's also one of the few heavyweight to have projectiles. He's like a harder hitting Kirby.

Ike just seems easier to avoid and is only really good for stealing kills in time matches, D3 can deal with projectiles quite easily as well due to his ability to float.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
King Dedede would be for me. He's slightly heavier, actually has a projectile, and he was the strongest Fsmash in the game (when the sweetspot hits). Actually it has the greatest knockback capable of KOing a Squirtle before it reaches 65%. He can also perform a suicide just like Bowser, which apparently causes sudden deaths.
Dedede also is good in the air and is much heavier. His chaingrabbing has also got my attention. The hammer-weilding penguin owns! Need i say more?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I thought this thread was about the matchup between Dedede vs. Ike, but I was disappointed.

whisperingtears

Smash Apprentice
DDD is best used for his heavy hitting. all his other tricks are just a plus. Who else can ko with a dash attack.

Top Bottom