• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD in Doubles

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Good partners?

Optimal role (support, carry), and what to aim for?

From personal experience, I think Dedede is a great doubles character.
  • He best fits the role of support with someone with high kill potential
  • A lot of Dedede's weaknesses in 1v1 is mitigated in 2v2 due to having a partner, leaving behind a lot of positives
  • Amazing stock tank, making trades all the more worthwhile.
  • Dedede does a great job controlling space both in the air and on the ground

Smur

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4141-3292-3562
My role as a DDD during doubles is to keep someone off stage so my partner (DK) can handle whoever is unlucky enough to be on stage. If I'm at a high %, I go for the swallowcide (AMAZING doubles tactic). We both live forever and hit really hard, I can't really think of any particular strategy to tell you.

Searing_Sorrow

Smash Journeyman
DDD takes control of an entire ledge becoming the perfect edgeguarder while his partner takes control of center stage. Try to avoid the middle of stage with DDD cause he can take a lot of damage very quickly but outside of that good doubles partner with a strong gimp game, and doesn't require the partner to bail him out too much.

Top Bottom