• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Dair sucks so I've been practicing Upair Spikes

Powda

Smash Apprentice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5tfNnLDhOA

DDD doesn't have much so I've been making sure to chain grab every match, except against certain characters like shiek, rosalina, capt. falcon, greninja, they are too quick and get you before you can grab again. I decided to really focus on Upair spikes instead of fair or bair, since Upair seems to not get countered as hard. Let me know what experiences you have had. It catches everyone by surprise usually, but even after they know you can do it, you can still get it done without their permission =] That's how I feel about half of DDDs moves, gotta get permission from the other player to get them to actually land :) Hope this helps everyone.
Thanks,
Powda.

Soul Train

Just laugh.
NNID
JSXian
What's the timing on getting the FF uair after hit? Sometimes I get the FF, sometimes I'm jamming down and D3 stays in the air like normal.

Powda

Smash Apprentice
What's the timing on getting the FF uair after hit? Sometimes I get the FF, sometimes I'm jamming down and D3 stays in the air like normal.
I have found it all depends on how deep you are into the character when you start the Uair. I can consistently Chain grab characters again, even after the patch that was supposed to end it. The spike doesn't work as well anymore but still works on characters like Little mac who are easy to gimp off the edge. Uair is just a safer gimp cause it out prioritizes everything but a few moves like Kirby's block. I've done it so much that it's just natural now, you'll get it if you make sure to Uair and pull down on the joystick 3 times during the Uair each time.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Upair is one of DDD's most important weapons in my opinion. If your opponent is right above you, DDD's upair is perfect. If you're high enough, the end strike can KO really early. It goes against counters and any dairs your opponent may desperately attempt to protect themselves with.

Also, since it has a pretty long hit process, it works against most air dodges as well. If they do manage to air dodge out of the way, train yourself to immediately fair or bair, depending the direction they dodge into.

Never fails...

Top Bottom