• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dazzle causes my computer....to have the blue screen. QQ

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Exactly what the title says, when I attach my Dazzle DVD recorder, my computer freezes, lags, and then the infamous blue screen shows up. I've used it a lot and this hasn't happened before.

=(

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Even after just plugging it in? Wow, that's impressive!

I guess I could tell you to make sure the drivers are installed properly, and that they're the right drivers. You could get odd behavior like that from bad/incorrect drivers.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
No prob.

Did your Dazzle come with any CD's? There might be a program (called a driver) that your computer needs in order to use the Dazzle. That program might be missing or incorrect. You can also find this here:

http://cdn.pinnaclesys.com/SupportFiles/Hardware_Installer/readmeHW10.htm

in case you don't have the CD's. In fact, this is probably a better place to go anyway. You're going to need to know what model of Dazzle you have, though.

What Operating System are you on? (You can find out by hitting Start -> Control Panel -> System)

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I'm not sure about what my operating system is. I followed your direction, and I'm guessing that it's "Microsoft Windows XP Media Center edition '02" =/ I donno, I could screen cap if i'm looking at the wrong thing here.

I do have the CD. Should I just uninstall and install the CD again?

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Media Center Edition, eh? Curious. That's a version you don't usually see on a home computer. ;)

Sure, try the CD and say if it works. If not, go to the link I posted last time.

Top Bottom